|53| he knows

My heart is so full of you
I can hardly call it my own.

~Liana Radulescu

________________

                              ~Liana Radulescu                             ________________

I wake up feeling nauseous, tired, and deliriously confused,

I look around noticing that I'm in a hospital room, my vision is hazy as I take in my surroundings, and the smell of sanitizer and cleaning products hits me and makes me feel even sicker as I remember when Aaron and Henry experienced the hospital smell, As well as both my parents at some point.

I don't remember much, just me trying to get some work done, and then out of nowhere I have the worst pain I've ever felt in my stomach, then I tried standing up to go to get some water and everything goes blank, I think I remember the slight memory of someone whispering "you will be okay my sunshine" but I'm not sure If it was my imagination or not.

I see a nurse come in and smile when she sees me "oh good, you're awake"

"What happened? How did I get here?" I ask, my voice coming out hoarse as I try to speak,

She sighs as she checks my IV "I'm sorry to have to say this...you had a miscarriage, it seems that the condition of your heart couldn't be strong enough for two people"

My heart plummets to the floor as the whole room grows dizzy and my body freezes in pain,

A miscarriage?

I had a baby?

A baby...with Aaron

And it's gone.

"I was pregnant?" I reply in a whisper in complete heartbreak

"I'm assuming you didn't know?" She says quietly

I shake my head as a sob escapes my throat "how far along was I?" I manage to choke out

"A little over 4 weeks" she replies

4 weeks...

Did I get pregnant the last time Aaron and I were intimate before I ended it?

I think back, I remember feeling nauseous, and not good all the time but assumed it was because my heart was slowly giving out on me, I assumed I didn't have my period because my period never arrives when it's supposed to,

But in reality, I had a little angel inside my stomach...a beautiful child Aaron and I created, Gone just like that...because of a damn heart condition that he doesn't even know about, We could've had a child and Aarons oblivious to it, he's probably in his office working the day away.

Because I chose to keep my heart condition a secret out of fear, out of the thought of not wanting to burden and hurt someone's feelings, I lived for so long only having to rely on my feelings, never having to speak about my problems with someone since I had no one...