Chapter 12

Date: Saturday, March 12th (4/5)

Calum could not believe what he just heard Dr. Amber say. He ran straight into the room where she was.

"You fucking bitch. She is a 15-year-old child. She is scared enough as it is. That was so wrong on so many levels. You just wait till her brother finds out," Calum said looking at her, and immediately walked out to run after Sophia.

There was plenty more he wanted to say but his number one priority was finding Sophia and making sure she was ok.

Sophia wasn't sure where she was exactly going. She could hear Calum behind her yelling but she didn't stop. She just wanted out of the hospital.

She got outside and saw the kid's playground and went straight into the yellow tunnel. She knew the guys wouldn't be able to get to her from there since they are too big.

Calum groaned to himself when he saw where she went. This was going to be tough. This just pissed him off so much about what Dr. Amber said. If she wasn't a woman he would have punched her.

He walks over and kneels down to look at Sophia and his heart shattered into a million pieces at the way she looked.

"Soph, baby, can you please come out of there?" Calum said softly.

"No. I am never coming out of here. Leave me alone Calum," She said through tears.

Calum honestly had no idea what to do. So he decided to call Luke and Michael since they are the closest to her. Sierra also came.

When Calum told them what happened Luke was absolutely livid. He said something about how he was going to show her a piece of his mind and get her fired.

That was until Calum told him that his little sister needed him right now.

Sophia felt broken. She didn't have time to digest her diagnosis before but now she has. Everything Dr. Amber said she believed. Her mom would be so disappointed in her. Maybe she should just die. No one would miss her anyway. Sure she has the guys and all of her friends but they would just move on without her.

Luke and Michael walked over to the tunnel, both of them on different sides. They saw Sophia crying uncontrollably. They have never seen her this upset except for the time their mom died.

"Sunshine, can you look at me?" Luke said softly. Sophia did not look up. She just wanted to be six feet under the ground.

Luke waited a few minutes and then looked at Michael. They both were at a loss. They didn't know what was going through Sophia's head.

"Hey Sophia, can you tell us what's going through your head? We are here to listen," Michael said softly.

Sophia's walls broke down. Why? She has no idea because normally the things she's about to say she would never say to anyone other than maybe Ashton.

She looked up at Luke with tears still falling down her face, "Luke, she was right. Mom would be so disappointed in me. All she ever wanted was for me to make it to the olympics and make both of our dreams come true. Now I can't. She would absolutely disown me. Maybe I should just die. Not like anyone would care, you all would just move on eventually."

Sierra overheard this and was pissed that this was all brought up because of Dr. Amber so you know what Sierra did? She walked straight into the hospital to find her to give her a piece of her mind and maybe even smack her. Depends on what she decides when she finds her.

Luke and Michales hearts fell out of their ass. Their sunshine, their whole world was contemplating on dying.

"No, Sophia listen to me right now. Sophia, look at me," Luke said sternly. Sophia looked up at him, "No fucking way I am going to let you think for one second that any of us especially me, your older brother, would be ok with you dying. A piece of my heart would die with you. I would never be the same. You are my whole world. Why do you think I call you sunshine? I will also not let you think that mom would be disappointed in you. She would NOT be. She was and is still proud of you for everything you have done not just in gymnastics. Sophia you are a lot more than just your skills in gymnastics. I wish you would believe that. You have the kindest and purest soul I have ever seen. You light up the room everytime you walk in. Do not believe a damn word that Dr. Amber or anyone else that is like her says."

Michale then spoke up, "Sophia, you are my little sister not by blood obviously. You are one of the best people that have ever come into my life. You showed me that there are still good people out in the world. You don't deserve all of this that is happening to you but I will not sit here and let you think those things about yourself. You are an amazing girl and you deserve to live a long and healthy life."

Sophia sat there, still crying uncontrollably and now also having a hard time breathing, thinking over what Michael and Luke just said to her. About a few seconds later she got really overwhelmed and she really needed something. Comfort. Comfort from her older brother. The one that has always been there for her. Through the good and bad times.

She crawled out of the tunnel straight towards Luke and right into his lap. He was shocked she actually came out because she can be stubborn and he thought it would take more convincing. He wrapped his arms around his little sister while she sobbed in his arms.

"I love you so much, Sophia. Please don't ever forget that," Luke said kissing the top of her head.

Through her sobs she said back to him," I love you so much Luke."

-----------------

Sierra was looking for Dr. Amber. She was ready to rock this girl's world. She was looking in every room until she finally found her.

"Excuse me, are you Dr. Amber?" Sierra asked. She just wanted to be sure that she was correct before she went off on her. She didn't want to go off on the wrong person that would be awkward.

Dr. Amber looked up at her and said, "Yes I am. Can I help you?"

Sierra immediately dropped the nice act.

Sierra looked at her with a nasty look and said, "Actually you can. Can you explain to me why you told Sophia Hemmings that her mom is disappointed in her and that she should die just like her mom?"

Dr. Amber didn't know who Sierra was and why she was asking about sophia but she decided to tell Sierra the truth.

"Because she should die just like her mom. That bitch is the reason why Luke wouldn't date me in med school. He was always hanging out with her. If she isn't in the picture anymore then he would date me," Dr. Amber said smiling like she was proud of herself.

Sierra didn't know she could hate a person as much as she hates Dr. Amber. Sierra also didn't expect to do what she did next.

Smack. That was what echoed in the room they were in. Sierra just smacked Dr. Amber. Did she feel bad about it? No.

"What the fuck was that for? I am so going to HR and getting your ass fired," Dr. Amber said.

"No you are not because you deserve that and you will be getting fired. I should have told HR a few weeks ago when Sophia told me what you have been saying to her," a male voice said.

Dr. Amber and Sierra looked over at the door and there was Calum standing.

"Oh nice smack by the way Sierra. Luke would be proud that his girlfriend knows how to defend herself," Calum said smirking.

Dr. Amber was shocked. Sierra was Luke's girlfriend? Well now that means she has to get rid of two people so she can have Luke all to herself.

"I am still going to get her fired because she smacked another employee," Dr. Amber said smirking.

"Yeah no that won't work because I am going to say I was in the room the entire time and did not see Sierra smack you but that you smacked her," Calum said smirking right back and giving Sierra a high five.