chapter six

Adjusting

I really wish I didn't say yes to them surviving with me. It's been a month of non-stop pain. They keep talking when we're on the road, which attracts undead. This whole month I have been having really bad nightmares. So that's leading to me not sleeping. I can't handle it anymore. I haven't slept for like a week and weirdly i'm still going. Sometimes when we stop my eyes will drop but I quickly snap my eyes open.

I also haven't been eating or drinking water. This started five days ago. It's like sleeping. I just can't eat nor drink. I don't know why I can't. With me not eating and sleeping causes questions to be asked. So everyday Miguel and Danielle are saying you get sleep I'll take the first watch. I usually turn them down. Then they just harass me more. So it causes me to threaten that if they don't stop bothering me then they won't see me in the morning. That usually shuts them up.

They also ask questions like why aren't you eating? I usually lie saying I'm not hungry. They try to make me eat but I always turn them down. With me not eating and sleeping it has consequences. I have been getting dizzy if I stand too long and my vision swarms. My vision sometimes goes black for a couple seconds then I'm fine. In those couple seconds I get really dizzy.

Sometimes I would have to take breaks and hold onto a tree to make me not dizzy anymore. When I usually get dizzy I would go off acting like I'm hunting or something. I do that so I don't draw attention towards myself. When I usually did that I didn't come back with anything I just sat down.

We were on the move again and my vision kept going black. We haven't made camp for a while so we didn't have anywhere to go. "Bel." I heard Danielle say I look back at her. "Bel you need to drink something." she tells me as she tries to give me her canteen. We got it before we left the outdoors store a month ago. I shake my head and wave her off.

"I'm fine." I replied. I started to walk faster.

"Bel you haven't eaten anything, drank anything or slept." I ignored her. "Bel you need to at least drink something."

"I'm fine." I repeated through gritted teeth. I walked faster to get away from her which was a bad idea. My vision started to become dotted. My vision started to swarm and I stopped walking to make my dizziness go away. Danielle said something but I couldn't hear what she said. Time felt like it was slowing down.

I was swaying on my feet. Everything looked like it was spinning. I didn't like this feeling. I have felt this feeling too much. The air suddenly became boiling hot. It got so hot I started to sweat on the spot. My hearing is going in and out. Miguel and Danielle also stopped walking and were looking at me concerned. Danielle was on my right and Miguel was on my left. The spinning started to get unbearable. When I could hear, I heard Miguel 'ask are you okay?' I tried to form the words i'm fine but they just wouldn't come out or form. It looked like Miguel and Danielle were multiplying by the second.

My legs felt wobbly and weak. Sooner than later my legs gave out and I fell back. I was expecting impact but I didn't. I felt strong arms around me. Someone caught me. The person that caught me was coming in and out of view. It was Miguel who caught me. Danielle lent over me and said to Miguel "She is dehydrated and food deprived." Then everything went black.

I kept looking over my shoulder. The van would not drive faster and leave me alone. I started to speed up my walking and the van still wouldn't get the gist.

No no no.

The guy put a cloth over my mouth and everything went black. When I woke up I was in a very hard bed. I opened my eyes and saw my arms and legs tied to a bedpost. I looked down at my body and saw I didn't have any clothes on.