4. no friends

I close the book and put it back on the shelf. I wave goodbye to the librarian and walk out.

I see Carlos sitting at a bench outside, he looks lonely, that's sad.

"hello" I say sitting down on the bench crossing my legs.

"What do you want?" he asks his voice rumbling, like it came deep from his throat, if that makes since.

"You looked lonely, which is sad"

"I'm waiting for someone"

He's probably waiting for a ghost kid named Casper. but I won't tell him that

"Okay I'll leave then" I say standing up.

"No prediletto stay" [darling]

its either Spanish or Italian, doesn't make a difference all I know is I want more of it.

"what does that mean?"

"darling, I said stay"

I sit back down and cross my arms laying them against the skin that was showing. Maybe a crop top wasn't the best choice, my stomach is chubby.

"can I have your phone s I can put my number in it?" I ask putting my hand out. he places his phone in my hand and I toss over mine. I but my number in and put my contact name as

"Brielle😎"

I hand him back his phone the same time he does to mine. I look over the contact, he put his name as

"Carlos"

I quickly change it to something cooler.

"are you free tomorrow darling?" he asks.

I think I'm going to die.

"No, but if you come by at 5 i can give you a waffle half off then we can hang out after" he nods his head in response.

"are you free right now?" I ask. the weather today is nice now.

he looks me up and down making me self-conscious.

"sure"

he starts walking to his car and I follow. I sit comfortable in his seat and lean back alittle.

"you could kill me so easily right now"

"Why would I kill you" he asks seeming like Hes offended.

"You give me creepy energy" he pauses for a moment.

"So, you give me your number, get in the car with me, and ask to hang out?" he raises his eyebrows slightly.

"Yep, no regrets" I smile. he inhales a breath, fighting back a smile.

"Where should we go?"

"What places haven't you been, ive been about everywhere, i eat at the most gourmet places, like top notch"

"really, what places?"

"subway" I start "they have the best sandwiches, and there healthy to. I don't get to eat there a lot though, its to expensive"

"I wouldn't call subway gourmet, where is it though?"

"Near the ancient art museum" he nods his head and I turn away not before seeing him pull out his phone and go on google maps.

why would I assume he knew where the museum was? that was so dumb.

He eventually pulls into the parking lot of subway.

・❥・・❥・・❥・・❥・(tw trigger for eating problems)

we sit down at the table. it was a two-person table, so we were sitting across from each other. I got a 6 inch with Italian herbs and cheese and vegetables and beef for the meat. Carlos got the exact same thing. I take a bite of it, its take so good. I hope it doesn't go to my stomach. even though i don't eat much the foods i do eat only go to my stomach.

i look at the food, full of sorrowful I set it down and gulp down water. The more water the easier it is to throw up.

After gulping down a fourth of the water I take a bite. It's tastes delicious. I swallow and take a sip. Bite then sips, bite then sip, bite then sip, bite then sip. I continue the process in till I run out of water.

I still have more sandwich.

Carlos has been dead silent. I look towards him and see he's barley done. I meet his eyes that are staring at me. He probably judging me, he probably thinks I'm fat and worthless, stupid stupid Brielle.

"Is your sandwich spicy?" He asks, "you've drakes your whole entire cup before you've even finished your water." I'm silent for a moment.

"No, it's not spicy I just drink a lot of water." I plaster on a smile, making sure to double tape the sides so the smile doesn't look fake. the corners of his mouth turn up a little in response.

"I'm going to go refill it" I state getting up and refill.

I sit back down and continue the process, this time making sure two take two bites before taking a sip.

・❥・・❥・・❥・・❥・・❥・・❥・・❥・・❥・

I pick up our trash and throw it in the trash. I grab my tote bag and head out the door with Carlos. he starts the car and pulls out of the parking lot.

I look over and see he has little crochet flowers in the bottom of the cup holders.

"I like those" I say pointing to them. he takes a glance over and nods.

"I got them at a little public shop I passed by one time"

"Did you steal them; I use to do that when I was young."

"what if I was a police officer?"

"You wouldn't arrest me"

"And why wouldn't I?" he does something which I would guess is his version of a laugh.

"Because I am your only friend, if you arrest me then you have no friends, and who wants that" I smile and look out the window. he does his laugh again.

"like you have any friends" I scoff and raise my eyebrow. "I'm very popular FYI"

"To whom?"

"Everybody who's cool"

"Your not popular to me"

"Who said your cool?"

He laughs slightly and continues driving.

There's a ding from his phone, he quickly responds and puts it back away.

"So where are we going next?" I ask.

"Where do you want me to drop you off, i have to get back to work, that's what the text message was"

"Okay, I live at 123 fake street. drop me off a block away though, I like walking."

He nods and starts driving towards my house.

"So what do you do for work?" He hesitates for a moment

"I work with a cooperation" I nod my head in response.
"That's cool, what do you do there"

"I... deal with people, like customer service"
I smile at that.

"That use to be my dream job when I was thirteen."

"Customer service?"

"No, killing people, of course I mean customer service, what else are we talking about"

He laughs.

"I was going through a rebel phase, and said it to disappoint them"

"So it wasn't actually your dream job?"

"No it was, I wanted it so I could cuss out people."

"That's fair"

He pulls a block away from where I live. We exchange our goodbyes and I start walking down. He waits a moment before pulling out.