Stay with me

Seeing the splattered blood, few dead bodies and the messy building, Rafael realized he underestimated his brother. Clenching his fist, he passed through his men, and then reached the cell, where he had kept his brother. Anger gripped through him while staring at the empty cell without Michael. Then he reached Rose’s room only to find her escaped.

“What exactly happened? There must be someone else along with him, he couldn’t do all these alone.”

One of his men stepped forward, speaking “Sir, few people ambushed and they took them both.”

Rafael slightly nodded his head and in a swift motion, he pulled out his gun from his holster and shot the person dead.

Everyone alerted as the terror spread across their bodies. Immediately, they took a step back, gulping down their emotions.

Rafael crouched to the level of the dead man, whom he shot, and spoke in a calm tone even though he knew he couldn’t answer “And what were you doing? Escaping from them so that you could tell me this story?”

Then he raised his head up to look at his remaining guards, who were shivering in fear. He shouted “The top gunmen, trained guards and this heavy security couldn’t do a simple task that I have assigned. I bloody asked you look after them and you failed.” He shot some other guard in anger.

He stood straight, holding his head trying to not stress himself but he couldn’t help but pressuring his head more. Raising his hand to the ceiling, he fired the bullets in the air until the gun got empty.

Everyone looked at eachother, afraid of Rafael’s madness but no one tried to stop him as they were aware they would be next if they try to talk to him. 

“Leave!” with his order, everyone left.

He reached his bedroom and poured himself a drink. He tapped his fingers on the glass, muttering “How dare they both to escape! And who helped them? How did they know this place?” he hit his head with his palm, talking to himself. “Michael’s criminal friend? But how? I left no clues to find him... Argh!” he pulled his hair in frustration.

‘Be careful with your little brother.’

He gulped down his drink while remembering his father’s words. The glass in his hand got broken with the pressure his hand applied on it and he threw the pieces to the floor while a few pieces penetrated his skin causing the blood flow. He rubbed his bloodstained hand over his face, speaking in disdain “Michael! You want it the hard way, let’s do it. You have taken everything from me and I will not let you enjoy your woman. Be ready for me.”

****

Michael was on the hospital bed, getting treated by the doctor for his wounds. Marcos and Rose sat on the chairs outside of the room while the guards left to their hideout.

‘Forget him, Rose.’

Rose put her palms on her face trying to control her emotions while recalling Michael’s words. His words were piercing her heart and she felt betrayed. The trust, the hope she had on him was getting vanished and misery started to engulf her.

Though she was beyond furious with him, she couldn’t leave him while he was suffering from pain. She was so worried about him and she would get relaxed only if the doctor concluded he was fine.

As soon as the doctor came out, they both stood from the chairs and asked in unison “How is he?”

“He is badly injured but don’t worry he will be alright soon. I will prescribe the medicines and take a good care of him. Visit the hospital again if he is trouble recovering.” The doctor informed and walked away.