Chapter Thirty-Nine - The Other Side of the Coin

Once Dunstan's submissive had made her way off stage, Dominus strode back onto the dais, and the watching crowd began whispering again, heads tipping in curiosity as the owner of Masque held up his hands to silence them.

"Punishers and prisoners! It has been a long time since Earl Darkstone has graced us with his skills. Too long. I feel a tithe is owed, don't you?" the incubus asked.

His question only made the whispering increase, a ripple of excitement flowing through the crowd so that many pressed forwards, jostling to get closer to the stage. Someone shoved Kalyna's back and the unwanted contact drew a warning growl from her throat. She cast a glare over her shoulder, fierce enough that the green skinned and onyx horned demon behind her backed up. The crowd only settled again when Dominus refused to continue until they did so.

"Even Masque nobility must serve their Dominus, and I fear that the Earl has neglected his duties. For that he too must be appropriately punished," the incubus explained, then tapped his cane off Dunstan's chest, asking, "What is this, Lord Darkstone? How can I take what I am owed from your flesh if it is hidden away by silk and leather? You will strip, Sir, and let me see you."

"My liege," Dunstan allowed, bowing his head briefly before peeling off his silk shirt and tossing it to the floor.

Muscle rippled under tattooed flesh, and under the leather straps that crossed over his shoulders and chest, a pauldron-like harness staying in place even as the rest of his clothing followed his shirt. Kalyna bit her lower lip as she watched him loosen the button of his trousers too, revealing ever more of his toned abdomen, and skin she instantly wanted to lick and kiss. Everything about him tempted her, from pierced nipples, to rippling muscle, to inked skin, and even to the scars which were testament to all he had survived. Dunstan Eorl had become everything she wanted, no matter what he wore or what facet of himself he displayed, she just wanted him. How had that happened?

He kicked off his boots and slowly tugged down his leather britches, and his own exhibitionist streak piqued too, if his erection said anything about it. The hard length of him stood proud, and Kalyna couldn't help that the sight of him stood there had her pressing her thighs together in desire.

She wasn't the only one, if the sounds of approval around her were anything to go by.

She might have been jealous, accept that Dunstan had already admitted that he'd never brought any other guest here. He'd never brought a partner back to his room at the compound, nor held them while they slept. She had already gotten more of Dunstan Eorl than any other had in centuries, and so she quashed any potential jealousy and simply admired him, how perfectly enticing he looked.

Dominus circled around him, admiring him and letting the audience drink in their fill of wide-eyed appreciation too. Then his fingers trailed up Dunstan's thigh as he tugged something from his pocket. Whatever he had, it was too small for Kalyna to see as his hand slid between Dunstan's thighs, cupping him. Only once Dominus stepped away again did she see the wide ring of some stretchy plastic that he'd placed around Dunstan's sack, squeezing close to the base of his shaft and pushing his balls downward, stretching him.

"Now, on your knees, Darkstone," the incubus demanded.

Dunstan complied without question, his easy obedience so at odds with his stern, commanding persona he showed at work. He enjoyed the game, Kalyna realised. He knew how to control people, but he enjoyed playing at giving it up too. Maybe he'd needed to. Maybe the only way he could come to terms with what had been done to him was to train himself to enjoy a pretend loss of control. She wasn't sure she'd have the courage that must have taken.

Maybe others would see his submission as weakness, but she only saw the strength behind it. He'd had so much shame forced on him that even he didn't see the strength in submitting, but she did. It took courage to kneel. It took trust to hand over the reins. Dunstan had nothing to be ashamed of.