Act 5

~On The Road~

Chase's team and Five-0 begin searching for the triads.

Junior: Okay, guys, you got the bird's-eye view. What do you see?

Network Member: Uh, not including you guys, I got nine vehicles in motion near Hilo. Five are FEMA vehicles, three are police cars, one's an unmarked panel van headed eastbound.

Chase: That's our target.

Network Member 2: Looks like they're heading for the beach. And they got a speedboat waiting for them.

Network Member 3: And you better hurry. You have some vog rolling in.

Ayako: Vog?

Network Member 4: It's smog from a volcano. If the triads make it off the Island, it'll be nearly impossible to track them using even satellites.

Lincoln: How far ahead are they?

Network Member 5: A lot farther than you think, sir. But the road they're on is washed out, which is slowing them down.

Network Member 6: *Finds something* Jackpot! I found a shortcut that could help you guys catch up. Take your next left. And go faster. Much faster.

~Beach~

*The two teams arrive*

Chase: Okay, they got to be here somewhere. Come on! *Leads the team*

Dax: You should probably stay, Bren.

Bren: What are you talking about? I'm not staying.

Dax: It's six to one. You do the math. Besides, you're a pacifist.

Lucas: Less arguing, more running! They're getting away.

Dax: Stay! Stay! What did I tell you?!

Bren: I'm not a dog, Dax!

Lou: Sounds quite familiar, don't you think, Danno?

Danny: Shut up, Lou.

Lou: *Laughs smugly*

Dax: I'm gonna trip you, man.

The two teams find the triads escaping, but two of them turn around and aim at them, with the Smart Bullets loaded.

Chase: Take cover!

*Gunshot*

Lincoln: Get down!

*The bullet hits Lucas' vest*

Dax: You okay, Luke?

Lucas: Yeah, I'm fine, Dax. My vest stopped it.

Haruna: They still got 19 bullets left.

Kumiko: With that kind of accuracy, odds are the next one's gonna be a headshot.

Tani: Someone better think of something.

Bren: *!* I've got an idea! *Turns to Danny* Danny, the laser sight on your gun. Mind if I borrow it?

Danny: Just the sight, not the gun?

Bren: I've never been a big fan of guns, but I love using lasers.

Danny: Alright. *Passes his laser sight*

Bren: *Opens it* Lasers are stronger than we want them to be. So, in order to limit their output, manufacturers add a potentiometer. It makes the laser less visible to enemy sight. If I can burn that out, we get a stronger laser.

Danny: There goes my warranty.

Bren: Well, yes, but it should help us confuse the Smart Bullets. And if those bullets follow the biggest beam, we could trick it into hitting something that ain't us.