01

1991 - HYDRA BASE IN A SNOWY LANDSCAPE

A man entered a bunker and removed a red book marked with a black star.

A technician raised two cylindrical chamber, revealing Bucky Barnes, aka the Winter Soldier and The Impossible Girl.

Bucky and Connie were secured in two chairs, a mechanical device on either side of their heads causing them to scream in pain.

Vasily Karpov spoke in Russian. "Желание. Ржавый. Семнадцать. Рассвет. Печь. Девять. Добросердечный. Возвращение на родину. Один. Грузовой вагон."

(Longing. Rusted. Seventeen. Daybreak. Furnace. Nine. Benign. Homecoming. One. Freight car.)

Целитель. Ангел. Девятнадцать. Взятый. Крест. Девять. Надеяться. Поддаться. Один. Тихий переулок.

(Healer. Angel. Nineteen. Taken. Cross. Nine. Hope. Succumb. One. Silent alley.)

"Доброе утро, Солдат. Доброе утро, Девушка."

(Good morning, Soldier. Good morning, girl.)

Bucky and Connie hesitated before replying, "Я готов отвечать."

(Ready to comply.)

"У меня есть задание для вас двоих. Без свидетелей."

(I have a mission for you two. Sanction and extract. No witnesses.)

NIGHT

A car was driving down a dirt road alone. The Winter Soldier and the Impossible Girl were waiting at the side of the road with his motorcycle. As the car passed, the Winter Soldier and the Impossible Girl followed. They came alongside the car and disabled it. It slammed into a tree. The Winter Soldier brought the motorcycle back around and climbed off, followed by the Impossible Girl. They walked to the trunk ripped it open, revealing a silver case containing several blue packets.

HYDRA BASE

"Отлично, Солдат. Отлично, Девушка," Karpov said.

(Well done, Soldier. Well done, Girl.)

LAGOS - PRESENT DAY

Wanda Maximoff, aka Scarlet Witch, added sugar to a cup and stirred it. She looked around.

Steve on the radio, asked, "All right, what do you see?"

"Standard beat cops," Wanda replied. "Small station. Quiet street. It's a good target."

"There's an ATM in the south corner, which means..."

"Cameras."

"Both cross streets are one way."

"So, compromised escape routes."

"Means our guy doesn't care about being seen, he isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out. You see that Range Rover halfway up the block?"

"Yeah, the red one? It's cute."

Natasha, sitting two tables from Wanda, said over the radio, "It's also bulletproof, which means private security, which means more guns, which means more headaches for somebody. Probably us."

"You guys know I can move things with my mind, right?"

"Looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature."