𝐈𝐈𝐈

"The cave where you carved your family's names is covered in symbols

"The cave where you carved your family's names is covered in symbols." Elena informed Rebekah, placing photographs on the table in front of them. She pointed each picture out as she recanted the story "The story of your family: how your parents arrived, how they made peace, the spell that turned them into vampires, and this. This is the symbol for hybrid. It's a combination of the werewolf and the vampire symbol. And this is the one for your mother."

"Her necklace." Rebekah whispered, staring at the photos, unable to believe that they were right in front of her.

"And this is the story of her death." Elena carried on "The hybrid killed the Original Witch. Not Mikael. Klaus."

"No! No, he wouldn't."

"She put the curse on him, made it so that he would be the only one of his kind, and then she rejected him." Elena went on, disregarding the tears that gathered in Rebekah's eyes "With the werewolf gene comes aggression and violence, when he turned, all of that was heightened. He killed her, Rebekah. And then he made up this entire lie about your father, so that he wouldn't lose you."

"These mean nothing!" Rebekah shouted in anger, tearing up the photos and threw them in the fire "They're just stupid drawings, done by stupid people who had no idea who my family was!"

"Then why are you so upset."

"Why are you doing this to me?!" The original cried "I've done nothing to you!"

"Klaus killed your mother. He has a hold on you, on me, on everyone. He has for a thousand years. We have to make it stop."

"Shut up! Just shut up!" Rebekah roared, slamming Elena against the wall, her vampire face showing "Don't talk anymore! Nothing!" Elena grunted, staring at the original frightened.

Rebekah released her hold, backing away. Tears filled her eyes as a sob escaped her lips. Elena took in a breath before going to speak.

"What the hell's going on?"

Elena turned to find Matthew stood at the door, he saw the state of the original sister. He threw a chilling glare at Elena "Go, Elena."

"But-"

"Go!" He shouted "Before I rip off your head and mail it to Klaus." He growled, glaring at the doppelganger, who scurried past him fearfully.

Matthew sped towards Rebekah, rapping his arms around her. She fell to her knees, taking the Salvatore down with him. Tears streams down her chest, she curled into Matthew sobbing. He shed her, rubbing her back, repeating 'it's okay.' and 'it's alright.'