AVNEIL TIME

Car stopped in front of a huge building of about 20 floors high. It looked like a hotel but way less galoring to be it. Two gentlemen standing on either sides of the main entrance who greeted Neil like some sort of Chief guest was on his arrival. They slid the glass door open for them. Neil slipped his arm around avni's waist gently telling her to proceed. She did as he essayed her to. Dd was still following them like a shadow, unlikely to leave Neil for even second. Why does he have to stick with him to all the damn places, avni thought. Inside, there was a receptionist by the counter who kept watching neil as he stepped inside. They got inside the elevator which took them to the top most floor and opened to a long corridor. Dd disappeared somewhere halfway the corridor to a room where some people were seated in front of computer screen, probably keeping an eye on cctv footages.They moved further ahead.

Avni was busy gawking all around who might not have even dreamt of place like this. Corridor led to another narrow passage which opened to a big hall. One side of the wall completely made up of glasses showing an exotic view through it. Next to the glass wall were couches placed in theatrical manner pointing towards a huge tv screen on the wall. Just below the tv were some music system and what not. Too many artistic things placed on a black coloured entertainment unit. Tiny shelves in the middle holding couple of awards which avni had no idea about. Even if she did, she wouldn't know what would a businessman get awards for?

Going on, to the other side of hall was placed a dining table in front of a open kitchen. Some more sofas in the center where black feathery carpet was spread. A little afar, was a spiraling staircase going upstairs. Interesting, half of the place was either black or white.

Avni: Tumhara ghar bohot acha hai

Neil asked her to get seated without replying her complimenting the house,

Neil: Make yourself comfortable.

Neil stepped towards the staircase. Avni mumbled in herself,

Avni: ghar toh acha hai lekin tum bohot ajeeb ho!!

Neil turned around asking,

Neil: Kuch kaha?

Avni shook her head saying,

Avni: Nahi, kuch nahi.

Neil said,

Neil: Main aata hu.

Neil left the hall leaving avni there on the couch. 5 minutes passed and he didn't come back. She was getting bored sitting all alone there. So, she got up taking a tour to his house herself. Wandering around she realized, his place is just like him, intimidating. Everything was exactly at the place where it's supposed to be. She perhaps didn't notice while entering in that there was a bar just next to the tv set. Checking all those expensive drinks, she thought about the night that she got drunk.

Until then,

Neil: Drink karti ho tum?

Avni nervously turned to face him.

Avni: Nahi. Nahi karti.

He asked again,

Neil: Zara bhi nahi?

She hesitated.

Avni: Matlab try kiya hai but aise nahi peeti

Neil: Kyu?

Avni: Bas yuhi.

Neil got inside the kitchen. He smirked, smiling a bit.

Neil: Peena hai?

Avni gawking at him.

Avni: Haan?

Now what was with this evil look and quirky smile? Avni regretting coming along with him. She was better wandering on roads than being anywhere in his vibe. What if he was just pretending to be nice and rather in real was an absolute vulture beneath his skin? What if helping her getting out of police station was just a mere stunt to win her over? To gain her trust then take advantage after getting her drunk tonight? She was unable to see and figure his actual actions, as if he was maintaining some invisible yet very concrete bubble around him, forbidding anyone and everyone to penetrate through it in order to actually understand him.