twenty-five

< Thursday 17, 2019 >

{ Hannah }

"Cason" I sighed, "I know you don't want to go but you have to"

All Cason responded with was more tears. He has a doctor's appointment this morning and is adamant about not going. He needs his annual check-up plus with him going and them assuring that he's safe and taken care of puts child protective services off my back for a while.

Since New York and seeing Zach, my parents had already called CPS and told them I left my child home alone. When the officers got there, they clearly saw he was being taken care of. Now, a lawyer is also involved, which is where we are going with Ashton after the doctor.

"Look Cas, after the doctor we're going to go pick up Ashton and get some lunch before we have to go somewhere else. But you'll get to see Ashy" I cheered. Cason calmed down some,

"Let's go get you dressed," I told him. He nodded and I followed him to his room.

"What are we gonna wear?" I asked. Cason hummed and walked over to his dresser. I've been trying to let him decide what to wear on his own more. He's getting older and soon he'll be doing this all by himself.

Cason pulled out a pair of black Nike ball shorts and a gray Spider-Man shirt. He very proudly walked to me and handed me his clothes then marched back to his dresser and grabbed a pair of underwear to replace his pull-up with.

I helped him get dressed then stood myself,

"Get your socks and shoes," I told him then headed to my room to get dressed, knowing he can put his socks on by himself and will just wait in the living room for me to put his shoes on.

Once I was dressed, I took a moment to myself and sat on the edge of my bed. I grabbed my phone and scrolled through Instagram until a text from Ashton came through,

-messages-

Ash❤️: [ Good morning!
First, good luck with Cas
at the doctor. Second, do you
guys wanna stay the night
tonight? Michael invited us over
tonight so I figured we could just
sleep at mine ]

[ Good morning and thank
you! And yes,
we'd love to spend the night ]

Ash❤️: [ awesome! See you
guys in a bit ]

————

Once I read what Ashton had replied, I got up and grabbed a bag, tossing in some clothes and toiletries. Once my small bag was packed, I headed down to Cason's room. I grabbed him a bag and put some clothes and toiletries in, along with his baby blanket and stuffed Pluto.

I finally went out to the living room where Cason was waiting for me with his plush giraffe- his second favorite plush toy. Then I noticed he had his rainboots on. Cason is going through the rainboot phase that almost all toddlers go through. The only thing is- we live in LA where it hardly rains. The only reason he even has the boots is because I had bought him a pair when we had a random rain spell.

"Ready to go?" I asked. Cason sighed but nodded, getting up,

"Why have bag?" he questioned,

"We're going to sleep at Ashy's house"

Cason's whole mood changed and he was instantly smiley.

****

We got to the doctor's office and Cason tightly held my hand as we walked in. Once we got in, Cason went and took a seat while I signed him in. I signed what I needed to and then sat with my toddler.