twelve.

ONCE ROOSTER ESSENTIALLY DECKED HANGMAN, EVERYONE SEEMED to be yelling and screaming. skye and katia immediately stood up, and the brunette weaved through the group of people and to the two men. hangman had a hand on his jaw, which was already beginning to redden. he seemed shocked, looking between his hand and rooster, who seemed so nonchalant about it.

the look on his face wasn't one that skye recognized in all her years of knowing him. she'd seen him mad before, he got mad easily when he was younger. but he'd been a boy. this was a man. a man who was so pissed off that it almost made her piss herself. 

she might've been intimidated by him if she hadn't been so pissed off at him, maybe even equally as pissed as he was. "rooster!" she said, moving over to him. he wasn't focused on her, though, and seemed to be gearing up to have another go at hangman. "rooster!" her voice raised, and she rolled her eyes as she put a firm hand on his chest to stop him. "bradley." 

this got his attention, and he looked down at her. skye saw his gaze soften for a moment, and despite hearing his previous conversation with hangman, she wondered if he had even known until that moment that she'd survived the crash. 

"come outside." she said, her voice firm and giving no sign of argument. it was an order. 

to everyone around them, it probably looked like skye was an annoyed mom doing everything but dragging rooster by the ear out the door. she didn't want to look at him, not wanting to risk him having pulled out his puppy dog eyes. not that she'd see them, since he was still wearing his aviators.

"what the fuck was that?" skye demanded as soon as they were outside, crossing her arms over her chest.

rooster put his hands in his hair, throwing his head back. "he pissed me off." he said simply.

"so you fucking decked him?" 

"yep." 

skye scoffed. "who do you think you are? walking in here.." she ran her tongue along her teeth. "everyone came to check on katia and i, bradley. everyone but you. the one person i wanted to see didn't even seem to care if i was alive or dead. even fucking.. yale and harvard, and all the other people that i haven't even spoken a word to. they all came to check on us. and you couldn't be bothered to."

"has it ever occurred to you," rooster said, turning to look at her, "that you're one of my favorite people? that you're.. fuck!" he cursed, running a hand through his hair again. "that you're my favorite person and i couldn't even begin to think of what i'd do if you hadn't come back from that alive?"

she wanted to rewind and pause, to settle on him calling her his favorite person. instead, skye shook her head. "so you just left? without a word to anyone?"

"i didn't know what to do, skye!" he looked away from her. "so, yeah, i left. because i couldn't stand to hear if something had happened." 

"no, let's go back to you fucking clocking a man." she said, holding up a hand. "what are you, a child? you're so immature that you have to settle everything with a fucking fight? you get here and i think 'oh, he's finally going to say something to me', but no. no, you go and you fucking punch hangman for no fucking reason."

rooster then raised his brows. "no fucking reason? you know he could've fucking killed you, right?" he asked, looking into her eyes again. "i punched him because he deserves it. he could've fucking killed you and my sister and i-"

"me and your sister?" she said, crossing her arms again. she then shook her head. "no, no, you don't have a right to barge in here and act like you did something good by punching him. you're so fucking dramatic, bradley."