Trapped: Ch. 13

Chapter Thirteen

R.A.W.

"You want to tell me why you disobeyed me and instead of coming home you hitched a ride to the precinct to bail out a friend?" my mom inquired.

"I couldn't let my friend spend the night in jail," I replied careful to not say it was a guy.

"Was it Aisha?"

"No."

"So who was this important friend you couldn't leave spending the night in jail?"

"Snow..."

"What?"

"Snow is their name."

            I remembered how Yuki told me his name meant snow in Japanese so I was hoping my mom would take the name Snow and just think that parents name their kids some weird crap.

"That's a stupid name," she said.

"Ok."

"I hope you know you and your sister are grounded forever."

"I guess," I replied sadly.

            I turned to head up the stairs and she stopped me.

"What happened to your leg? I thought you said you were okay?"

"Oh," I had forgotten about my leg. "I... fell?"

"You fell?"

"Yes."

"On what? A shard of glass?"

"Technically..."

"Technically?" When I didn't reply she sighed and said, "I'll deal with you later."

            I trudged up the stairs and found Vicky waiting for me in my room.

"Tonight was crazy," she remarked.

"More than crazy, it was hell."

"No objections here. What'd mom say to you?"

"She said she'll deal with me later."

"That's not good."

"Why?"

"Cuz she said the same to me."

"What do you think she's going to do?"

"I have no idea."

            Just then our mom walked in and stood in the doorway.

"You have five seconds to explain what you did to your beautiful hair Jazmaine Olivia," she said calmly.

"I dyed it because Ava said it would look good and it does."

"Now explain how exactly you fell and keep in mind lying will not help you."

"At the party I tripped and there was a bottle on the floor and I landed on it."

"A bottle of what?" she asked staring me down.

"Coke. The old glass bottle type coke," I lied.

"Do they even make those anymore?"

"Yeah," I said. It sounded more like a question than an answer though.

"Ladies it is two in the morning. Do you realize how much I've worried about you?"

"No," Vicky and I replied simultaneously.

"Immensely! I thought you were kidnapped or you ran away or something! I almost had a heart-attack," said our mom her voice elevating with each word.

"We're sorry," said Vicky.