Reckoning

It felt just like yesterday when Moonbyul and Wheein became official girlfriends. Sometimes, Wheein still feels giddy, whenever she refers to Moonbyul as hers. But it has been a year and a half. And a lot has happened. A lot has changed. But Wheein could honestly say that her love for Moonbyul stayed the same. Maybe it grew bigger, maybe it grew deeper - but she loved her all the same. She loved her with all her heart. She loved her with all of her being.

And she's willing to do everything - to give everything she's got - for things to stay the same.

"Wheepup, you're finally awake." Moonbyul whispers into Wheein's ears, not letting go of her since they got into bed last night. It was a routine they grew comfortable with.

At first, Wheein was still a very awkward mess around Byul since it was her first relationship. And she tried to play it cool, but she got so nervous whenever Byul would wrap her arms around her torso or shoulders and cuddle into the crook of her neck. The way her girlfriend gently hold her close and kiss her by her shoulders or her forehead always made her cheeks burn red.

Eventually, with time though, she ended up feeling more comfortable with intimacy. Even so that Wheein would be the one to initiate their contact, being the first one to step on top of Byul, hugging her as her head rests on Byul's chest, being the first to hold Byul's hand in public, and being the first one to pull Byul closer to her in her sleep. Just like today.

But this time, Moonbyul's the first one to pull her into her embrace and kiss her like it's their last.

"Good morning." Wheein greets with a cheeky smile.

"Good morning." Moonbyul greeted back. "Are you ready for today?" she asks her girlfriend.

Is Wheein ready? They're meeting with Yongsun's parents since they've been back in South Korea for a few days. Yong Hee, Yongsun's older sister, convinced her parents to set up a meeting with Wheein and her parents. "What could possibly go wrong, right?" she asks, trying to reassure herself that she has nothing to be nervous about. It's not like she used her second chance at life to do terrible things.

"Right." Byul answered with a reassuring smile. To be honest, she's a little nervous, herself. It's the first time she'll be seeing Yongsun's parents after their departure. She's very close with her in-laws since her biological parents were staying abroad since she was eighteen. And when Yongsun and her got married, her in-laws welcomed her and treated her as their real daughter.

Byul wonders what they really feel about her having a new girlfriend. She knows they're aware that she's in a relationship with Yongsun's heart donee, but she's not sure if they only gave their blessing because they didn't want Byul to feel bad about it. She remembers promising them that Byul would only love one person, and that's their daughter, Yongsun.

Wheein then shifts her body to face her girlfriend, sensing that Byul is in deep thought. "I think you're the one who needs assurance."

Moonbyul only smiles, "The only assurance I need is you." she states with a genuine smile, making Wheein blush.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

After preparing for the meeting, Byul and Wheein drove to the set restaurant along with Wheein's mother and grandmother.

But before they could even sit at the table reserved for them, Wheein's mother stopped her tracks, her eyes looking directly at Yongsun's parents.

"Mom, what's wrong?" Wheein asked with eyes full of concern. She wonders whether her mother is having cold feet.