Chapter Three - Theater Kids Shouldn't be Given Super Powers

(AN: Sorry that took so long y'all, I didn't have access to a computer. The next two parts are like halfway done, I just have to add in one more character and they should be out soon! Enjoy these dumb little gay people simping over each other for an entire chapter)

Sorin rested against the side of an HVAC machine nonchalantly, the wind blowing across the rooftop to tousle their hair. Absentmindedly, they twirled one of their knives over their fingertips as their gaze rested idly on their prisoner. Sorin could see them slumped in their chair against the far side of the roof, still unconscious from the beating they had taken, and the wind was blowing lightly through their hair as well, moving it out of their eyes and leaving their face exposed.

They still had their eyes closed, a peaceful look on their face as though they were sleeping naturally, and they were leaning back against the chair like they were just relaxing in an armchair rather than tied roughly to a chair on a rooftop. Sorin had forgotten to bring real rope to the fight, so they had been forced to make do, binding Lightfang to the chair with their cape after knocking them unconcious.

The fight had been shockingly uneventful, especially since Sorin had prepared for a much more difficult time. Lightfang had showed up a few minutes late, so Sorin had already been in position in the trees when they arrived. Pouncing quickly, Sorin had taken Lightfang by surprise and beaten them without so much as a struggle. Waiting here for them to wake up was honestly taking longer than the fight itself had.

It gave Sorin a moment to think though, and as they rested here on the rooftop just biding time they watched their adversary sleep peacefully, not even trying to mask their facial expression into that of a villain.

Lightfang was just resting there still, slumped across from Sorin as if they had nothing better to do than sleep all day. Their eyelids fluttered a little, but otherwise they were perfectly motionless, mouth parted a little bit as though they were about to speak. They were wearing their rings as always, and although they weren't wearing a specific hero outfit the way Sorin was, they had on a nice light colored shirt that went well with the rest of their outfit. They looked nice. The colors did somewhat reflect their theme of light and peace, as they looked very calm and nonthreatening.

They kind of were calm and nonthreatening honestly, although they certainly didn't act like it when they were awake. In any case, they were at least easier to deal with while unconscious, though much less fun.

Sorin was just watching them, when suddenly Lightfang twitched, startling Sorin and causing them to fumble their knife. They jumped forward quickly to catch it and huffed, annoyed to be disrupted even though they had been waiting for Lightfang to wake up. Turning, they crossed their arms and looked at their captive, smoothing their face back into one of calm and the vaguely displeased mask of evil.

After a while, Lightfang slowly opened one eye and peeked out, closing it rapidly as they caught sight of Sorin and pretending to be asleep again.

"Seriously?"

Lightfang didn't answer, but after a while opened their eye again to see if Sorin was still looking. They were. Making eye contact, they dropped their act, opening both their eyes fully and sitting straight up in their chair. They shook their head once, presumably to clear out the fog of their concussion, and then crossed their legs and leaned back in the chair, looking for all the world like they were just relaxing comfortably.

"Hmm. Well that didn't go as I had planned," they mused aloud. Their voice was scratchy from disuse, lower than usual as they chuckled in Sorin's direction.

Sorin paced slowly in their direction, taking their time to be as dramatic as possible. "Well of course it didn't. You know, lateness doesn't serve you." They reached the chair and circled around to the back of it, trailing their knife along the armrest. "Although..." Sorin leaned in close to the side of Lightfang's head like they were telling a secret, "... It wouldn't have mattered anyway."