nice to see you.

dazkylo requested to follow you. 7m

i don't remember meeting you for the first time five years ago; it felt as if you were just always around during that one semester. i wouldn't exactly call you the core-memory type but you became a part of me before i even knew you were. you were always wearing a baseball cap. a different one each time i saw you. anyone can look good wearing one but no one could pull it off like you would.

i impulsively bought my first cap ⎯ a green dodgers baseball cap ⎯ after i saw you wearing one. just because. it's been five years and i still have it. i have maybe around ten other caps but this one's my favorite. just because.

confirm

i don't remember you leaving either. you just stopped coming to that little coffee booth near uni where i'd find you on one of the wooden tables, sitting across kyle, one of my best friends. i don't remember asking him why you were no longer around. but i did wonder. i guess i just learned to shrug it off.

follow back

i do remember the few times i've spent my breaks with you, kyle, and your other friend, owen. and that we never really spoke to each other. i'd always be the last to arrive and my seat would always be next to kyle ⎯ across you. i'd say hi to everyone and you'd usually just say 'hey' back, smile, or nod. then we'd leave all the talking to kyle and owen. cos they never shut up.

in those few times i've spent with you, i never once looked up from my phone or whatever paper i was cramming that day. just because.

dazkylo accepted your follow back request.

i refresh the app and your profile photo is next to mine on that row of ig stories. i regret clicking it almost immediately cos it's only been a few seconds since you posted.

a spotify-linked song.

Nice to See You

i smile.