006. Black Sheep

~Black Sheep~

 ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

The Thornharts were in celebration. Athena Thornhart and Daniel Miller were going to get married and it was basically the buzz of the town. Everyone was excited, especially the bride. When finding out Francis had not only approved of their marriage but he was proud of Athena for picking a good husband, Athena couldn't have been more excited.

For the first time in a while, she had felt the love she had always wanted. Her father's approval was all that she wanted and she finally got it. Athena felt it was like a win-win for her. Not only was she going to marry someone she liked but would also have her father on her side. But even though she was excited, some people were not.

Persephone was amongst those who didn't approve of the marriage. She didn't understand why Francis had approved. What did Daniel say to get Francis to approve of this marriage?

As Athena was getting ready for the wedding ceremony, Persephone simply watched. She watched as her sister excitedly put on her dress, put on her makeup. Athena was practically glowing.

"Persephone, be a doll and pass me those earrings." Athena announced, breaking Persephone out of her thoughts.

With a simple nod, Persephone stood up from her seat and passed her sisters the earrings. She couldn't deny it, her sister looked beautiful but Persephone felt that Athena deserved better.

"Can you believe I'm going to get married in just a couple of minutes?" Athena smiled as she turned to her sister who stood watching.

"I can't."

"I'm honestly so surprised father approved of this marriage but I'm glad he did. I really do care about Daniel." Athena spoke as she put on her earrings.

Persephone grimaced. "Do you know why he even approved? Francis was very adamant in keeping you away from him."

Athena shrugged. "Don't know and don't care. I'm just glad I have father's approval."

"Do you really want to marry him, Athena? You know you can always back out." Persephone didn't want her sister making the mistake of marrying Daniel. She had a bad feeling about him.

Athena stopped what she was doing and turned towards her sister. "What's going on with you? Ever since it was announced that I was going to get married, it seems as though you have a stick up your ass."

"I just don't want you making the mistake of marrying the wrong person."

"So you think Daniel is the wrong person?"

"Yes."

Athena knew how much Persephone disliked Daniel but she was going too far with saying she shouldn't marry him. Athena wished her sister didn't see the bad side of him but the side Athena sees in him.