Chapter 3 - Closure

Author's Note: As this is the last chapter which has been written, it will be marked as complete. However, this is not the end. ^-^ My sister is planning a fourth part, so if there's anything y'all want to see happen, please let us know. :D

~ Amina Gila

"I sensed a disturbance in the Force," Ahsoka's hologram says, blue form flickering on the holotable, "And now I can feel Anakin's presence double, or... what is happening? Is he alright?"

Of course, that's why she's calling. "I will put you through to him," Obi-Wan replies, before adding Anakin into the call. He's still in his room with the others, and Obi-Wan doubts any of them want to leave.

Obi-Wan is content to watch from the side with amusement at the shocked look on Ahsoka's face as Knight-Anakin introduces her to the younger two. "This is our padawan, Ahsoka," he says, almost gleefully. "Ahsoka, my new name is Skyguy."

"I will not call you that ridiculous nickname," Obi-Wan replies firmly.

"Of course it's ridiculous. Ahsoka came up with it."

"If you're trying to insult me, you'll have to try harder," she snips back, crossing her arms, "And can you explain exactly what is happening here?"

"We seem to have time-traveled," Padawan-Anakin replies.

"Time-travel," she repeats, then her gaze jumps to Ani. "Wait, is that you?"

"Yes, that is what I looked like thirteen years ago."

Ahsoka's eyes dart between them, and she crosses her arms in a way Obi-Wan remembers from before very much implied she's trying to stop herself from saying... something. "I didn't know you were that cute," she blurts out finally.

"I was not," Vaderkin retorts, sounding very much like a grumpy child. His voice comes over the comm half-faded out, having been either too far away to be included in the transmission or deciding not to be, for which Obi-Wan couldn't blame him.

Obi-Wan also resolutely does not intervene in the conversation, because he completely sides with Ahsoka. How could he not? Anakin might be twenty-three now, but Obi-Wan can't see him as any less of a child now than he did a decade ago. Obi-Wan can't look at him without remembering seeing that face as a child.

In his mind, he's still back there, back when Anakin was younger and so very small, remembering feeling the light weight of his padawan in his arms. Maybe that's why he feels so attracted to Ani – he wants to be there again; he wants to get to raise his padawan (his son) again and do it right this time, without all the misunderstandings and strain between them.

Ahsoka nearly rolls her eyes. "Only you would take that as an insult, Skyguy. Or is it Skyguys now?"

"Just me," Knight-Anakin replies cheerfully.

"Right," she agrees, glancing over her shoulder. "I hate to break up this conversation now, but I need to go. There's still a battle here."

"Of course," Knight-Anakin agrees, though he doesn't look happy about it. This, Obi-Wan knows, there's nothing he can do about – Ahsoka is focusing on the battle and nothing more, while Anakin just wants his padawan back. Obi-Wan can understand that feeling far too well. The war drove him and Anakin closer, but it feels as though more than anything, it only served to keep them apart. "We understand."

Ahsoka nods. "Be safe," she says, and ends the call. Now that it's over with, Obi-Wan (somewhat reluctantly and apprehensively) returns to Anakin's room. They've already outgrown it. There's hardly room to move in there. For all that he would really, really appreciate taking some rest, he's not certain he can do that without the Anakins getting into some sort of chaos together, or worse yet, not together.