Chapter 31 They Know What I Mean

"Let's go camping."

I look up from my cereal to see Orion walking in.

"What?" Jax says, sitting next to me on his phone. He's been on it all day. The hospital said they would call him when Annabelle wakes up. They wouldn't let him stay there any longer because he woke up one morning to her being gone and punched a nurse.

"Let's go camping," Orion says again. "It'll be fun. Get our minds off of things."

"Camping?" Peter asks. "Like, in the nature?"

"Yes, 'in the nature.' I used to go all the time growing up, and I haven't been in a while."

Peter stands up. "Yeah, count me out. I don't do 'nature.'" Peter tries walking out, but Orion puts a hand on his head and stops him.

"Not so fast. You're coming. Everyone is coming. It's going to be a family vacation."

Peter grumbles.

"There'll be s'mores."

Peter perks right up. "Really?"

Orion nods. "Yup. I just bought the graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows."

"Okay. I guess I'll go."

Jax rolls his eyes, and I smile, but then it fades. I don't know how all this is going to go down. I've never been camping with them before. Mom, dad, Colt, Cody, and I used to go sometimes, but it was always in fall because the four of us were like candy bars to mosquitos, so I need to make sure to bring bug spray. And how are the sleeping arrangements going to work? Are we using a tent? Or a camper? What about food? Will there be enough space in the car to take all of our stuff? And where are we going? More woods or beach camping? What should I pack? What's the weather going to be like?

I stand up and walk out of the kitchen. I go upstairs and grab a pencil and paper. I start making a list of the things I need to pack. Clothes, extra food, portable charger, earbuds, ipod, books, sunglasses just in case, flashlight. I don't know Orion's rules on technology, but I assume it's like mom's where there is no technology, so I'll need my bigger bag with all the pockets where I can hide my electronic things.

Oh! Toothbrush.

I think that's it, but I fold it and put it in my pocket in case I think of something else I need to pack later.

"Blythe!"

I hurriedly get up, jog downstairs, and go into the kitchen close to out of breath. "Yeah?"

"We're talking about how we're going to do this," Orion says from the island. The others have gathered around the kitchen—some at the island and the rest at the table. I sit down at the table next to Sam. "Okay. Now that everyone is here, Lincoln and I are going to go grocery shopping for the food for the two days we'll be gone. Sam, you and Dev go upstairs to the closet and get the tent and things. Jax, get Blythe to help you put the trailer on the back. We're going to need it this time because now we'll have an extra body with us. Peter, you know where the list is, you're in charge of getting the kitchen packed up."

"Yes!" Peter whisper yells.

"We're leaving bright and early tomorrow morning, so make sure you get packed tonight. Any questions?"

"What's the exact time we're leaving?" I ask. I need to know exactly when we're leaving, so I can wake up before then and make sure I don't act like a giant bitch.

Orion shrugs. "Since it takes four hours to get there, let's aim for six."

My eyes bug out of my head. "Like, leave at six? Or wake up at six?"