One

[Baghdad, Iraq. Thursday,
May 30, 2003.]

A helicopter made its way towards its landing pad on one of the platforms of the palace, and it seems to be in a rush perhaps Eric King had a misunderstanding and was now arriving early. Lieutenant Kolchek stood at the entryway of the building as he awaited for his superior. The large blades of the helicopter caused large amounts of sand to kick up from the ground, prompting Jason to squint his eyes in an attempt to not get any in his optics.

The piece of machinery jolts and shudders before the engine whirs down. He saluted upon seeing Eric, who donned a pair of aviator sunglasses, approaching him.

"Colonel. Good trip?"

ERIC KING
LT COL. USAF

RATIONAL
INSECURE
INTELLIGENT

"Not particularly," Eric confessed with a sigh but left it at that. "Welcome to Camp Slayer," Kolchek holds out his hand. "You're early..." he noted.

"Apologies for arriving early, Lieutenant. Things are moving fast." Eric expressed his regret for not better sticking to the schedule before taking Jason's hand in his, shaking it.

Much to his surprise, Jason was able to catch a glimpse of another figure emerging from the helicopter but decided not to comment on it for the time being. "I hear you, Colonel. We're glad to have you onboard." Kolchek reassured Colonel King. "Techs are ready for your presentation," Jason was quick to add. "Soon as we get word from the Commanding Officer? We're good to go."

"You should read this." Eric then hands Jason a paper. Jason looks down, his eyes quickly scanning over the paper. "Didn't you hear? There's a new King in the Castle." Clarice says, amused with herself as she haphazardly sets down a briefcase.

CLARICE STOKES
PHYSICIST USMC FORCE RECON

PASSIONATE
FLIRTATIOUS
SARCASTIC

"Looks that way." Kolchek agrees. "And you are?" His gaze focuses on Clarice, his eyebrows furrowing with subtle confusion.

"This is my assistant, Clarice Stokes." As opposed to reprimanding the physicist for how aggressively she set down his belongings, he reframed from doing so to leave a good impression. "Dr. Clarice Stokes." The younger woman corrects the blond while beaming from ear to ear.

"Kolchek. First Lieutenant Kolchek." Jason introduces himself to the newest member of the team. After a long pause, Eric decides to speak up, "Well? The briefing room?"

As soon as the two entered the palace, Jason Kolchek started to lead the pair to the briefing room as requested. "You'll have to ignore the noise and disorder. We're just getting the base set up." Kolchek hummed, resting a hand on his hip as he looked around — having a sensation of pride flowing from within him. "Blows my mind," he nodded. "Only a few weeks ago, Saddam was living it up in here. Chowing down on candy cars while... poor bastard clipped his toenails!" He assumed.

"Nice image," Clarice responded, sarcastically, as she was disgusted by the last part. Her response caused Kolchek's smile to fade as quickly as it had started. "Well, if only he could see the state of this place now. Makes me smile." He turned his heel and led them further into the building but firstly came across Nathan Merwin who continued to benchpress whilst his music radiated from his boombox.