1

🥥 don't get blocked for talkin shit 🦭

Sita

I watch him struggle while I contemplate. His upside down boat floats west while his belongings separate from each other.

Do I risk being killed? I am already casted out.  I'm alone. Would the divine come and attack me? Would my lineage know if I broke their rules? I'd be cursed for sure... right?

Feelings of fear and wonder mix in my body while I watch him fight currents. He swims up, fighting pulls and pushes of waves. His body stalls out before he barely touches the surface.

I gasp and take in water.

No.

My eyes widen.

They zoom in and focus on him. A long stream of blood leaves his nose. It triggers me to torpedo towards him; crimson spreads through the water.

I already wanted to do this, but now I can say I've done this for my own safety as well. His blood would have attracted predators.

That has to be okay. Right?

I break the surface while holding him around his waist and speed towards my shore.

Come on.

I shift to have feet and lungs while dragging him in.

"Ah," I fall to my knees beside him.

My hair rests on his skin while water from me drips onto his face. I put my hand on his chest, pump, then, blow air into his soft mouth.

His lips... my lips...

Thunder sounds East, making me go faster.

Come on. Don't tell me you're-

Scales lightly litter the back of my palms.

I ask for forgiveness in my native tongue before allowing myself to shift into another form of myself. Membrane covers my hands while I heal him. It stretches over his body.

Blood trickles out his nose while I use my power to bring him back.

He looks... different. I've never even heard of humans looking like you.

My power rejuvenates him to a healthier state he maybe was never in... in his entire life.

His hue, lighter than mine, slightly deepens on his cheeks, nose, and lips. Auburn undertones intensify more at the highest points that mostly see the sun first. His darkest melanin is sprinkled across his skin in gradient dots, varying in opacity.

Freckles?

His hair is clay colored, tightly coiled but fluffy...

...like the color of my favorite scallop shells. Like the color of some coral.

His lips... I like his lips-

"Ack," he spits up water and turns over.

The membrane that was covering him dissolves.

I fall on my backside, fearful, then shift to a form with no scales at all. I run away. My feet dig deep into the sand while I go deeper into the water.

I look back before diving all the way in.

Mud   

Sharp pain shoots through my face and chest. I roll over on my stomach while I regain feeling in my hands and feet.