7| There's a woman in his house

Joy unlocked the door using the key she'd spotted on the floor beside the door. After the door was opened a little, the first thing she did was look left and right. She itched to run right out but there was also a thought that it probably was best she stayed put. Joy lowered her eyes while she reasoned with herself. It has been close to two hours since she had her bath and ate breakfast. Almost two hours of doing nothing. The power company had brought and taken the light within less than thirty minutes. Joy had turned on the television but it was all black and white noise with no channels showing. In the end, she was bored out of her wits. It was a conclusion from today that she definitely wasn't the type that stayed at home often.

She lifted her eyes and the first sight nearly startled her. She hadn't expected to find the woman from last night suddenly staring at her.

"Don't be afraid, dear. Contrary to what Adedayo might have told you, you don't need to hide from me." Mrs. Aderigbe told her, a smile wearing on her face. Her attire was a simple native. She was decked up enough to step outside the gate.

"I'm Adebimbo." She introduced as she took a few steps closer and Joy contemplated if she should step out of the house or hide further in. For some reason, the latter didn't appeal to her. How long would she hide? She itched to be out there.

"My name is Joy." She replied and the fact she replied, made Bimbo happy.

"Ehen, Bimbo are you finally ready to go to the market?" Another female voice intervened as she walked up to Bimbo. When she stopped, Bimbo's eyes direction was a clear gesture for her to look in Joy's direction and so the light complexioned woman did. Her eyes were a bit wide in surprise at first, followed by a mixed expression of amusement and excitement.

"So, it's true. Adedayo finally brought a woman home."

Bimbo secretly gave her a light pinch on her arm but Joy did see as the similar woman flinched a little before casually rubbing the back of her arm.

A light chuckle left Bimbo's lips. "The truth is, since Adedayo moved into this apartment, we've never seen him bring anyone home, especially a woman. Just his friend, S-sa—"

"Sarki." The second lady helped.

"Yes, him. So, you're like a breath of fresh air and we're happy for him, for the both of you." Bimbo concluded and both smiled even brighter. Joy played a light smile although she wasn't quite sure what in the exact world they were talking about. Happy for him, for the both of you. They wouldn't say that if they truly knew what her situation was.

"So, when are you two lovebirds planning to tie the knot?" Mrs. Okigwe asked.

Joy's eyes widened. "Tie the knot?" She was a bit dumbfounded to ask anything or say anything further and Bimbo could see that.

"You don't need to answer that. Not yet, at least. We're headed to the market. Would you like to join us?"

Yes. "I can't. Thank you for the offer."

"No problem. Don't hesitate to ask any of us for help or advice. Welcome to the family." Bimbo told her and the two women were off. Joy watched until they walked out of the gate and a sigh left her lips. She would've loved to go simply because she wanted to step out but she wasn't confident enough that was a good idea. She was yet to know more about those women.

Tie the knot. The words repeated in her mind once more as she shut the door and walked back into the apartment. Marriage. The much explanatory word popped up in her mind as she laid on her back on the bed.

Adedayo and I. Marriage. She continued and after a few moments of silence both in her thoughts and within the room, she shook her head at it all. It was ridiculous to even think that. The plan was for her to regain her memories or at least find her family, not make one with a man she knew nothing about. Eventually, she fell asleep.