How to prevent email forwarding in Outlook

When you want someone else to receive and answer to your emails while you're away, email forwarding is a useful technique

When you want someone else to receive and answer to your emails while you're away, email forwarding is a useful technique. It might not be a good idea in other situations. Let's look at how to stop Outlook on Windows computers from forwarding emails.

The act of reseeding mail from one mailbox to another is known as forwarding mail. Although advantageous to the sender, the fact that the email you forward will display two addresses may confuse recipients. This might be problematic. So it makes sense to stop email forwarding. Microsoft Outlook provides its users with a mechanism to stop email forwarding, much like other well-known email providers do. How? Read on!

· Open your Microsoft Outlook account

· expand the Permissions menu, and

· Choose the "Do not forward" checkbox

Now let's go over the procedure in more depth

Step 1: Open your Microsoft Outlook account first, Start Microsoft Outlook, then sign into your account. After that, click the "New Email" button that is next to the "File" tab.

Step 2: Expand the Permissions Menu

Type something in the main body of the Message box when it appears, then click the "Options" tab.

Click the drop-down arrow next to the "Permission" section to expand the menu.

Step 3: Select the "Do not forward" checkbox

· Select the 'Do not forward' option from the menu under the 'Permission' heading.

· Once finished, the following information message will show up on your computer screen:

· Do not forward; the recipient may read this message but not print or copy it. The message and any replies may be sent by the conversation's owner at any time. Permission obtained from..."

· After confirming, click the "Send" button to send the email.

A red circle with a minus sign will now appear in the recipient's inbox when an email that has been designated as "Do Not Forward" arrives. This symbol denotes that the email is restricted.

The recipient will also be prompted by an error notice that reads, "You cannot execute this action; permission to this message is restricted," if he tries to forward the restricted message.

Please be aware that you must enable the "Do not forward" option by updating the policy settings in the Azure portal if you cannot see it under "Permissions" or if the section itself is absent from Outlook's ribbon.

Hope this was helpful for your query about how to prevent email forwarding in Outlook, if still any issues persist, visit us at or for more information call at us our toll free number (+1) 866-904-2612.