11

Fuck.
I was sleeping like sleeping beauty but this bump on the road had to interrupt. "Ugh, good lord. These bumpy roads are gonna be the end of me." Mom said and groaned.

Dad insisted we don't take our chauffeur and have a nice road journey like a proper family. At least he cared, for once. "Dad slow down a bit. It's not like we're gonna miss our flight." I complained and mom shushed me.

"Don't listen to him. We can't afford to be late." mom said. This damn perfectionist. "But mo-" and once again she shushed me.

Fast forward to 2 hours. We were there and everyone was there too. There was this place with 2 big cottage houses. The cottage houses were right beside each other with a fifteen meter gap in between. In front of the cottage houses was a medium sized lake. Overall, it was pretty good.

"Woah, this place looks good." Jason said and smiled widely. He looked so energetic. Too energetic for someone to be at 7 in the morning. Duke was dozing off while standing and leaning on Mia, while she was pushing him away. Highly annoyed.

Serena was scanning the whole place and Vega seemed to be a part of the 'place'. She was head over heels to the point it kinda made me uncomfortable. I bet everyone feels that way too. Okay, no betting only hoping.

My eyes fell at Vega. He wasn't sleepy neither nor was he energetic. He just looked tired. Well, it was quite a journey. All I wanted was to lay down on a bed and drop dead for 2 hours, minimum. 5 hours max.

"Kids!" Vega's mom called out to us and everyone walked towards her. "Us adults are gonna stay in one cottage and you kids are gonna stay in another. Alright?" Vega's mom was really sweet about it. The way she talked was just sugary. I'd be suffering from type 2 diabetes if she was my mother. Saying it in a good way of course.

Everyone nodded. Too tired to object and there wasn't anything to complain about anyways. The cottage houses were pretty big. We were 7 people in one cottage house. But there were only 3 bedrooms. Now you can't expect a cottage house to be that big.

It was 2000 square feet. Big enough for a cottage. Two of the bedrooms were situated downstairs and one was upstairs.We all secretly decided it would be best for Ser to stay away from Vega, so we planned to give out rooms that way.

Duke and Mia obviously took a room for themselves. Jess, Ser and Jason were put in a room together because Ser listens to Jason more than any of us and he can tolerate her ranting of guys. So, in the end Vega and I were put in a room together. The room upstairs.

Now, it was certainly not a problem but considering the weird feels I have been getting since the past few days was definitely an issue. But I'll face it because Daniel Wilson is not gonna be so petty about such a simple thing and ask to change rooms. Hell, Vega might think I felt uncomfortable with him.

We got to sleep for 1 and a half hour before Vega's dad came and woke us all up for breakfast. They hired a cook and a few helpers for us. Though I doubt we might need them. The helpers, I mean.

We planned to barbecue for dinner and decided we'll go visiting places tomorrow and that meant today was solely for lazing around. I love it, lazing around.

Vega's friends delayed coming here. They said they were gonna come tomorrow. Well, now the problem is we're short of rooms. I guess we'll have to make room for 3 more people.

We finished breakfast around 10:30 then went straight to the cottage to sleep. We barely talked to each other. Vega just said a 'hi' after he entered the room and flopped onto his bed. While I was too lazy to reply back and just waved at him, laying down on my stomach; mouth on the pillow.

As I slowly opened my eyes I saw something hovering over me. It was black. I looked up, my eyes still feeling the burning sensation from just waking up. I saw a face. Vega's face.

I pushed him off at once. Fuck, I didn't mean to do that. He looked surprised but calmed himself right after understanding the situation. "I'm sorry I-" I started apologizing but he cut me off.

"You must've been startled. Well, anyone would be if they saw someone hovering over them right after waking up. Actually, I had airpods on while I was asleep and totally forgot about that. I stumbled when I got up too quickly and hit the wall which caused one of my airpods to fly onto your bed." he took a breath before continuing.

"Now I didn't wanna wake you up so, I just thought that I'd get it by 'hovering' over you. Sorry if it caused you discomfort though." he apologized. "No it's alright. I was just a bit startled and it was uh instinct I guess." I said and he nodded.

I turned back to see one of his airpods on the left side of my pillow and gave it back. "Thanks." he smiled.

"By the way, what time is it now?" I asked and he checked his phone. "3 pm." he replied. "Oh, 3 pm- what 3pm?" I asked in shock. He nodded as a response. I seriously slept for like more than 4 hours?

"Ugh. Never mind did you have lunch?" I asked him and shook his head no. "Why?" I asked and he shrugged. "Didn't wanna abandon a half dead person." he replied and grinned afterwards. "Seriously?" I questioned and we both cracked a smile.

Time was good. Good with Vega. He got up from his bed and walked towards mine. "Everyone's out." he said and sat down beside me. Why did that sound like an invitation to something rather than a normal information?

Daniel, let's not. He moved to get his phone from the nightstand in between our beds which caused his arm to brush against mine. His arm was firm and it was cold. Whilst mine were firm and warm. It was my instinct what made me do the next thing I did.

Hold his arm. He shot his head back at me then to his hand. "Are you cold?" I asked in a hurry. "No, my arms are just like that. Yours are warm though. Your fingers." he replied. I let go of his arm. "You're pretty shredded." I said and he just smiled. He started at me for a while and I stared back.

"Wilson." he called out my name, not breaking eye contact. "Call me Elias." he said and my eyes widened. "What?" I blurted out. "From now on, call me Elias." he said and I stared at him.

I swear I felt something tighten in my stomach.