Just a pawn

(These next few chapters are going to be somewhat similar to the original version, just wanted to let you guys know so you won't be commenting on it.)

3rd Person POV:

"Kushida, how did you do on the test?" This person, was a boy with brown hair and yellow eyes. He was Kushida's seatmate. He was known as Kiyotaka Ayanakouji. 

Kiyotaka Ayanakouji, or just Ayanakouji for short, was someone that was hated by his classmates. Not for bad reasons, he was just hated because of where he sat, the boys hated him for sitting next to one of the most popular girls in the whole school. Mostly every boy had a crush on her, the girls didn't hate Ayanakouji, they just didn't like him since he was gloomy. If he wasn't gloomy that would be different.

"I did good, what about you Kiyotaka?"

"I think I did average, just like last time.""

"Hehe"

"What's so funny about it?"

"Nothing really, I just find it funny you have been scoring  the same score every test."

"I see, I wish to improve sooner."

Kushida smirked then drew her distance closer to Ayanakouji's face to whisper to him.

"Sure improve, it's not like you can score 100's across the board, hehe."

"Ah, you got me there."

"Hehe, I did."

"Ayanakouji, come closer."

Ayanakouji POV:

I did as she commanded and leaned closer tilting my head left to hear what she wanted to say to me, she didn't seem to be talking so I looked in her direction and she looked to be comteplating something.

"Are you going to say anything?"

"N-Nevermind sorry!" She spoke in a tone that was louder than her current tone causing some people to look at us. Kushida noticed and bowed in apology.

"Ok, it's fine."

"You sounded angry there, are you mad at me?" She spoke in a tone that showed sadness or affection, I couldn't determine between the two from her. At first it was making fun of me, then it was not any care but no it's.. sadness or affection for me.

How did it get like this?

Flashback Start:

"Ahhh, so annoying!"

Her voice was so low that it didn't sound at all like Kushida.

"She's seriously annoying! God, how irritating. It'd be better if she just died..."

She grumbled to herself, as if chanting the words to some kind of spell or curse.

"Ugh, I hate stuck-up, snobby girls who think they're so cute. Why is she such a harpy? A rotten girl like her couldn't  possible tutor me"

That's funny coming from her. 

"Ah, she's the worst! She's just the worst, the worst, the worst! Horikita, you're so annoying! You're so damn annoying"

Wait, Horikita? Why would my seatmate hate Horikita? I know Horikita is annoying but she hasn't done anything to her to cause Kushida to hate her. Has Kushida always been like this? Why is she so social then? Does she strive for attention? That's the only hypothesis I can come up with.

Kushida is impressive, really impressive. I don't know how she does it. I strive for her social skills, they are near perfect compared to mine.

Of course, I am better in everything else like academics and athletics but she, she is one hell of a socializer.