Douxie and Jealous Jim?

————<•>————

'That may be the worst compliment you've ever given me, but I'll take it'————<•>————

————<•>————

Claire, Toby and I walk out of class as the echoing of the bell rings through my ears.

I let out a few coughs as I sigh and rub my eyes. The tiredness is definitely getting to me and I can tell it's getting to Claire as well.

Said girl let's out a large sneeze directly at Toby as the boy groans in disgust.

"Ugh! Okay, Nunez, that time I was not out of the blast radius" Toby grimaces as I look to Claire worriedly.

"Claire, you need the night off" I say as I look at her sternly.

"I think you both need to take the night off" Jim's voice says as I look ahead to see Jim walk over to us as the boy wraps an arm around my shoulder comfortably.

"Not happening. It's my turn for night watch and no one needs to carry my-" Claire starts to say before letting out another sneeze as Toby and I grimace.

"Oh, my goodness. That's so gross" Toby says in disgust as I elbow the boy.

"Claire, I'll cover your night shift" I say but Jim immediately objects.

"No way! You need to stop overworking yourself, you look really tired" Jim says as I give him a deadpan look.

"Are you saying that I look like a zombie?" I say with narrowed eyes as the boy smiles at me.

"Maybe...but I personally think zombies are very pretty" Jim says as I laugh with a roll of my eyes.

"That may be the worst compliment you've ever given me, but I'll take it" I say with a smirk as the boy chuckles.

"Just remember, life's a balance" Jim says as he looks at me fondly.

"I'll try and remember that" I say while softly smiling at the boy as we walk out the door and into the courtyard of the school.

"T.P over here!" A voice shouts as I look over to see Darci wave Toby over.

"Hey G.F" Toby says as he goes in for a fist bump while Darci goes in for a hug, both of them awkwardly trying to hug or fist bump before Darci decides to just grab his hand as they smile at eachother.

"You guys were once like that...in fact, you still are" Claire says as she smirks at me and Jim.

"Hilarious" Jim says dryly as I chuckle.