14

(Chapter 14)Training

(Chapter 14)
Training

"Normal" - Human tongue
"Dragonese" - Dragon's tongue

~*~

Author POV

Jimin fell into the role of being Cadel's apprentice rather easily. The work while hard was rewarding. His life as the son of a butcher had given him strength from hauling the heavy carcasses of the animals around, but the sword training Cadel was putting him through targeted muscles Jimin's didn't even know he had until he woke up to their aching in the morning.

Taehyung remained by his side, but since he had 'trained' Taehyung to a degree he was allowed to remain. However, since Hoseok had only met him once and been calmed they did not allow him to remain at Jimin's side. Due to the natural strength and ability the young dragon possessed, Jimin had been told the dragon was going to be given to a potential upcoming rider, for them to tame.

While the decision ultimately felt wrong, Jimin could not argue. It would draw to much attention to himself, he had to keep the secret that he could understand dragons away from the eyes and ears of the public, especially the knights and the King. 

It seemed like the rider potential was here in the knights sector, so Jimin could occasionally see Hoseok being paraded around by the arrogant rider. Every time it made the rage in his chest boil up, the golden dragon with green horns and eyes was not a prize pony to be shown off, he was a living breathing creature who deserved freedom. 

Taehyung clutched his arm, since Jimin had proven Taehyung was not prone to lashing out or attacking he remained uncollared like the dragons who had been tamed by the riders. The both shared the dislike of the magic collar that had been forced around Hoseok's neck preventing him from going full dragon shift.

~*~

"Move your feet like this" Cadel kicked at his feet till they were in the correct stance. 

Jimin was sweating profusely, they had been training all day under the heat of the summer sun, he was practically ready to collapse at any given moment from exhaustion and heat. Taehyung had pulled his wings out, a smaller set that suited his humanoid form so he could beat them like fans for the overheating human. He indulged Cadel as well, the older man was tired too but he knew how to hide it better as a solider.

"You are coming along well" Cadel praised as they sat down, Taehyung bating his wings to give them a breeze like a fan would. 

"Thank you" it came out as a wheeze, the heat and exhaustion catching up as he fell onto his back and his view became the blue of the sky.

"You are strong, you take direction well. I'm glad I chose you" Cadel didn't often give compliments so Jimin accepted them graciously when they came.

Taehyung evidently tired of being a fan collapsed onto the dry dirt beside Jimin, curling up as a warm furnace into the human's side. Jimin didn't have the heart to push the dragon away, but the natural heat the lizard like creature gave off was unpleasant on such a hot day like it currently was. 

"Aife talked to me a few days ago, she wanted to ask how you were doing" Cadel informed him.

Jimin looked up to his teacher, who was still sitting up, his eyes curious as to what Cadel would say next as a continuation of his statement. 

"She wants to give you some training ahead for the exam you want to take, regarding being a rider" Cadel told him.

Jimin perked up, but remained lying down. He turned to his dragon counterpart, who had made himself comfortable against the human's side and looked ready to take a nap right there on the dirt.

"Do want to become a rider with me?" Jimin turned to address the dragon.

"Taehyung will go anywhere with Jimin" was the sleepy response, as the sleepy dragon nuzzled his head into the juncture of Jimin's neck and promptly fell asleep in the comforting presence of his human. 

"Tell her we accept" Jimin responded to Cadel.

"I will, it is still remarkable how you tamed him so quickly" Cadel pointed.

Jimin makes no comment on that, Cadel stands up to leave, allowing the two boys to take a nap in the heat of the sun, thankfully the evening was coming meaning the air would cool, not by much, but it would make the city a more agreeable temperature. 

~*~

"You are concerned for the boy" Aife asked, she had come to his abode when he requested her to.

"Yes, he seems to have a natural affinity to dragons. They seemed to fall to his feet" Cadel contemplated. 

"Yes even my own dragon asked after his well being, she never speaks in the human language" Aife revealed.

"He is a special boy, we need to keep an eye on him. The King may see him as a threat" Cadel thought aloud.

"I will begin his training tomorrow, it will hide his affinity if it looks like he trained that dragon of his well through guided training" Aife stated.

"Thank you" Cadel dipped his head to the Rider's leader.

"The boy is a mystery, I want to understand" Aife revealed.

"So do I" Cadel looked to the room Jimin and Taehyung had retired to after they came back and shared a meal were currently inhabiting. 

~*~

As promised Jimin was delivered to Aife for his first training session to become a rider that following morning. It was a bonus for Cadel too, it meant he could complete more paper work in the morning rather than working late into the night when his apprentice finally retires to sleep. 

Aife watched on in awe as Taehyung followed every command Jimin gave with utter trust and compliance. Jimin seemed almost natural in the way he commanded the beast.

It led Aife to wonder just what was this boy capable of.

~*~

So did you like the chapter?

Vote?

Comment?

Bye,
Winter