Bubs and alcohol

Bubbles is a big man, his features are sharp, devoid of wrinkles, his brown hair cut to reach his shoulders, barely hiding his subtle greying. A few patches of hair are poorly cut even though the rest of it looks professional and while most people used hairdresser machines nowadays, Bubbles still cut it himself in the mirror.

  He had just gotten back from Babbel and looked back at the imposing and pristine structure. Besides the tower, on the division line between the two sides of the garden there is a cafeteria close to Babbel and is half red concrete and half wooden, full of blue foliage, but on opposing sides. Its solid appearance is complemented by glass being crusted on the surfaces with colours and curves, forming a multicolored dragon inside, curving from one wall to the other through the ceiling, spitting fire at the end and a ruby in his eye. Many other gems represented the stars.

  It was a slow day, few clients approached, and of course, in a cold day like this one is more than justifiable, his drinks are served cold, and no one is looking for cold in the morning. His eyes wander around and fall periodically at the tower, in which is his friend, a responsible and cunning youth, but only in his professional side. He seems as dumb as the pan and as plain as pure rice.

  Alice is frustrating. Charming and... energetic, but you put her beside Yenan and she acts like she is a kid getting her first crush.

  "You seem troubled, Bubbles." - A voice, not quite right at the ears is heard and bubbles jumps out of his trance with the loudest noise in the tower yard. His employee gets startled and drops a bottle of horse's trumpet, an alcoholic drink with no redeeming qualities except for its property to lose any flavour when put in a light chamber.

  "Ack. You made me flinch, Jav, what is it?" - He gets up and shoots a glance at the cat in his counter and touches the glass all over the floor. Jav keeps quiet looking at it while the glass seems to melt, with the beverage gathering and getting thicker at the middle. Enough to form a gooey substance around the liquefied glass, it changes shape into a bottle just like the one it's been in before and the water creeps out of the floor, covering the beverage completely, becoming solid again, it's like it was never broken, the liquid inside gets back to normal and the last occurrence is Bubbles tapping it to collect impurities. The glass is now pristine.

  "You should make it red and sell it back to the store, but water it down first."

  "Silly cat, stores don't buy these back." - He takes the bottle to his private refrigerator and makes it red, even though it ceased to be glass because of it.

  "Well, why not, won't they sell it again?" - As a cat, the concept of economics is a bit tough for the little guy, but Alice always teaches him about their world, as she says he must be from another one. Her class about recycling was very exciting and she also gave him a recyclable tray for him to practice. It was very curious to watch a drone run off with the green plastic tray just because it was made of a specific material by a specific machine. Felt unnatural, though.

  "You need something?" - Bubbles asked in a dismissive tone.

  "I need to know if Yenan did something to upset Alice. She seemed like she was happy at the way out." - He inquired, gesticulating his left paw.

  "Wait, why would you think so if she seems happy?" - Bubbles' eyes squinted.

  "She's not a happy person and she doesn't act like she is, but she seemed happy today, meaning she is trying ti hide sadness." - Jav clarified his thoughts.

  "Well, it sure seems like you're right, something did happen. She came to me to change his coffee, and she buys him coffee every morning, mind you. She might have found something out."