40. A Ghost Story

●●●

●●●

 November fleeted into time just like every other month. But this time Amelia engraved every moment into her memory like an inscription. In retrospect, Amelia is always in a state of dullness. Neither happy nor sad. She simply exists in a sequence of matter and does what is expected of her. She shows up to class, does her homework, reads a book for pleasure, and spends quality time with her friends to gain some serotonin. But not ever had she experienced a continuous string of incredible moments that carry on to the next day.

But that was what November became. A string of happy moments. Since catching the snitch Amelia felt like a new chapter opened up in her life. She was invited to study sessions with other third years and occasionally helped older students, Aries friends, with their homework. Friendly conversations were shared between her and Draco, whose arm conventionally healed after the first match of the season. Even her roommate, Millicent, would acknowledge her when they were alone together. But bad blood still raged between her and the other two girls.

Eventually, Amelia's arm healed. A second potion was needed which resulted in her going to the hospital wing. There she encountered a sad-looking Harry Potter. Ron and Hermione were by his side. As she waited for Pomfrey to find her bottle, she felt a sudden gaze on her back. She turned around, awkwardly and made eye contact with Ron. Both stared, with a blank expressions, but Ron had that look on his face that let Amelia know he had something to say. But how is he supposed to talk to her when they haven't shared a word in a year? Instead, he looked away from her and engaged in a conversation with his friends.

Madam Pomfrey walked back to her, bottle in hand, and instructed her how to take the potion. She listened and quickly walked out of the hospital wing. She returned to the dungeons and was immediately greeted by her fellow housemates. Theo and Blaise chatted serendipity about the upcoming Hogesmade trip that was right before the winter holidays and uttered unrepeatable words about the quidditch teams. Either Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff ( Amelia didn't know), but their failure left the Gryffindor team still in the run for the quidditch cup. She was the only one excited about the news. A proper rematch would soon be in their future and she hopes, oddly enough, to play against them once again. To formally prove that she could beat their seeker without the need for special circumstances.

" Are you still not able to attend Hogsmeade?" Theo asked.

" Nothing about my situation has changed in the past few days." Amelia popped open the cork of her bottle and drank her potion. It was advised to drink on an empty stomach and the young girl hadn't attended breakfast that morning. Her body was still completely tired from the match and was unable to conjure any strength to get out of bed.

But when classes rolled around, Amelia had no choice but to get up. She attended Defense Against the Dark Arts with the premise of leaving immediately if she caught the sight of their greasy hair teacher instead of Professor Lupin. She would not be able to tolerate another extra hour with him considering she had double potions later that day.