Chapter 5: Kyran

I awoke to an ache in my chest that dissipated once I opened my eyes. The moonlight in the room was replaced with the sun's rays that shone brightly on the corpses of the royal families who stood in the middle of the room.
"Laranora? Nehemiah, " I groaned as I slowly stood up and rubbed pieces of the wall off of my clothes and body. "Are you guys awake?"
My muscles felt revived. Power pushed through my veins, it felt as if my heart was beating so hard it would explode. The new core I'd absorbed was clearly welcomed into my body. I'm glad there wasn't a rejection, it probably would have killed all three of us.
I turned around and noticed the oozing magma that was melting a hole through the wall that I believed I was knocked into. The magma made the room outside the wall visible to me, I tried to see if I could cool it with my mind, but it didnt work.
"That...is so cool."
My hands got excited again and began to glow slightly. Maybe i'll use you later.
Nehemiah cleared his throat behind me, I turned around and smiled.
"Having fun with your new powers?"
"I sure am," i answered.
Nehemiah was standing outside of the front doors with his arms crossed and dust all over him. It seems that he also got thrown into a wall.
"Well then, welcome back to the world of the awake."
"Thank you," I looked around for Laranora who clearly wasn't near him.
"How long have you been awake? And how so soon?" I looked back at him.
"Oh right, well the whole time. I was knocked into the wall right there," Nehemiah pointed to a wall behind me, "my powers created a shield around me and protected me from the fall. I've been watching you and sleeping beauty over there," he gestured towards a crackling pile of rubble.
I stared at it in confusion.
"Laranora is...under there?"
"Yup, I need your rubber gloves, I don't feel like becoming fried chicken today." Nehemiah walked over to me and held his hand out expectantly.
"Did you just...call yourself a chicken?" I raised my eyebrow at him and handed him the rubber gloves I had inside my cloak.
"Yes sir," we both walked over to Laranora as he slipped on the gloves, "chickens are awesome."
"Sure, now what did I say about calling me sir?"
"Oh come on," my friend punched me in the shoulder playfully, "you are the leader of the rebellion, it's called formality."
"Well then I order you to drop the formality," I crossed my arms and smirked.
"Fine, Kyran," Nehemiah cautiously grabbed Laranora's hand and picked her up after removing the rubble from on top of her. "Happy now?"
"Yup." I looked at Laranora who shifted and rested her head against his chest. "She looks comfortable," I elbowed Nehemiah.
"Shut up," he gently brushed off as much dirt as he could from her body.
He looked at her longingly, his gaze clearly filled with deep seated affection he's felt towards her for years.
"Why don't you just tell her? It's been years, Nehemiah. Stop being such a wimp."
Nehemiah turned to me and frowned,
"You really are an idiot aren't you?"
"What, you guys are close. She is always blushing around you, smiling, in a good mood. You know." I raised an eyebrow and eyed him.
"You are an idiot, Kyran. You really are."
"Hey!" I was about to argue with him when Laranora sneezed and Nehemiah dropped her onto the cold floor.
I laughed,
"Who's the idiot now?"
"It- it was an accident!" He panicked a bit.
"Ow ow ow," Laranora looked up at us, "what is wrong with you guys?"
"Blame Nehemiah, he dropped you."
Lara scowled and glared at Nehemiah.
"I'm sorry, Lara!" He extended a hand to her which she took quickly and stood up, brushing her hair back behind her ear.
"It's fine." She turned to me and smiled. "Does anyone feel..."
"Strange?" I interjected.
"Yeah."
"You'll get used to the powers in a bit, we will have a chance to train them once we get to Moon, capital of the underworld."
"Sounds good," Nehemiah nodded.
"Hmm, okay," she responded.
I walked over to Dion and hauled him over my shoulder. His skin was pale with bright red veins showing through and clothes filthy with dirt and the blood of him and his family. His hair changed into the color of ashes and his eyes to a dark purple.
"What are we doing with him?" Nehemiah asked me and walked over to the front door with Lara.
"He is practically just a zombie now, his brain is mush. Once he awakens, he'll listen to anything I say. We will need a way to fight the angels who remain alive and oppose us anyways."
"Interesting.." Nehemiah opened the doors and we hurried to get outside to our troops.
........