4-A knock on Hell's gates

Knock, knock, knock.

No answer.

Knock, knock, knock again.

"Evelyn?"

She doesn't want to answer it; she's too far away from wherever the voice calls. Why can't it just stop?

Knock, knock, kno-

Evelyn bolts her head to the disturbing sound, unsticking her forehead from the arms shoving into the rough white wood. Her headphones are hurled into the table as her eyebrows illustrate her annoyance, tightening along with her lips and eyes, waiting for the brunette boy to talk. All she wants is to go back to her usual pre-course slumber.

When he doesn't even attempt to open his mouth, she rolls her eyes while closed, gathering her patience in place. "Yes?" she asks, pronouncing the word with null emotion.

The brunette boy's hand is extended towards her, his fingers handing over a piece of laminated cardboard. Evelyn doesn't reach for it, she just stares at him and straightens her back on the chair, crossing her arms and waiting.

The boy's eyes are nervous and addled, and they shift from Evelyn's as quickly as they started watching her. Evelyn has had enough; she prepares herself to yank the invitation and go back to her nap.

"What's that?" the overly-curious voice of Heeseung questions, receiving the disapproving look of the girl.

He shakes his head, smiling and asking voicelessly, 'what's the matter?' The confused boy gazes at the devil, but then restarts watching Evelyn, who is now even more disinterested in the topic she would be surely forced to endure listening to anyhow.

"I know you always refuse to come to our parties, but I thought that maybe, since you now have a boyfriend..." The boy leaves his sentence hanging, letting her complete the obvious rest.

'Boyfriend?' she asks herself, waiting and at the same second receiving the true information: she does indeed now have a boyfriend, and he is the devil-in flesh and bone or whatever materialized him into being here.

"No." Her statement stops further additions from the boy. But not from her endearing boyfriend, too.

"Look, love! That's adorable." He fists his fingers and positions them in his cheek, tilting his head and almost fluttering his lashes at Evelyn, wearing his innocent smile better than any deceiving mechanism. He keeps his attention on her fully, not modifying his resting elbow one inch, as he speaks to the still-waiting boy, "Of course we will come." His smile enlarges, seeing Evelyn's head shake violently in disagreement.

"No, I won't." The words shape in a determination not meant to be crossed, yet of course it is.

Heeseung lifts himself up and gets out of the college's fancy tables and seats, making his way out of the row and all around to Evelyn, who is fuming in anger. It is more than unusual for her to feel those demolishing and powerful feelings, and she wishes that at least they wouldn't be all based on vexation. But they are, and the reason is no other than the man now picking her up by the shoulders.

She shakes her head 'no' at him as she's lifted, and, like a contest, he shakes his head 'yes' back at her. His hands press softly against her upper arms as the girl still shakes her head.

"Oh, but yes," he says as he grabs the invitation from the boy who stands awkwardly and not knowing what to do, until Heeseung motions him to get lost, which he executes with no complaint, searching for a way out of the tension as quick as he could.

"We're going," he states, reading the words then shoving the cardboard on a random bench. Evelyn passes him an irritated look as she picks it up and throws it in the trash.