Chapter 3: Anti-Social

Mr. and Ms. Albrecht are walking out of the orphanage. Henry and Bedelia couldn't seem to forget about what happened just a few hours ago. Those twins were such strange children, after the talk they had with them Bedelia asked Maria for information about the peculiar set of twins,  to which she responded by entrusting them with their folders. Henry felt rather hesitant to open it for the fear of what they might find out. They sat in their car silently, questioning what they would find in said folder. Bedelia couldn't help but remember those children's scarred arms. They couldn't have grown in a safe environment. Most children were scared by her scarred face, but not those kids... she couldn't figure out whether that was a good thing or not.

Henry carefully opened the folder, Looking through the 2 sheets of paper.

Name: Nialls

Age: 6

Sibling(S): Miles

Mother: Unknown

Father: Unknown

Description:

Niall was found at the hands of an illegal laboratory. He was an experiment subject and had many illegal procedures done to him. The psychologist, Dr. Medea explained "Niall is very fierce and quite protective over his brother, who is the only person he communicates with. The effects of many psychological traumas he suffered through can be seen in his day-to-day life. Niall is hyper-aware of his environment and everything in it. He seems to judge others on how dangerous they are. He refuses any form of communication". There have been suspicions that the young boy didn't always live in the laboratory. Dr. Medea believes he lived in another place before he was sent to the laboratory. Niall holds many scars throughout his body and an injury to the inside of his mouth rendering him mute.

Name: Miles

Age:

Sibling(S): Niall

Mother: Unknown 

Father: Unknown

Description:

Miles was discovered with his brother in an illegal laboratory, as an experiment subject. He was used for many dangerous and illegal procedures. The C.H.O (children's home orphanage) psychiatrist, Dr. Medea has reported that "While Miles is more open than his brother, he's still very closed off. He expresses quite a bit discomfort when around others, and has trouble speaking freely to others". Miles refers to himself as "12" and his brother as "11". He learned this from the laboratory and has mentioned being "punished" for addressing one another with their names. Miles is quite fearful of others, especially adults, he refuses to be touched, hugged or held by anyone except his brother. Ever since arriving a C.H.O Miles has been having multiple "Episodes" in which he becomes self-destructive. These episodes are believed to be because of the psychological trauma he received at the laboratory and/or the environment he lived in before being sent to the laboratory. Like his brother he also holds many scars throughout his body.

Bedelia couldn't believe what she just read, and couldn't bring herself to say anything. Henry was shaking in his seat. 'How could someone ever do this to a child?' he thought.

"Honey... these children... let's adopt them"

                                                                                              *** 

Miles and Niall were cooped up in their room holding onto each other. 

"11?"