Falling 1: Banished

You are Vy.
You are banished.
You are lightning.

This is the only thought that reverberated through my head as my mother pushed me from the bridge. I didn't know what it meant then, but it was the only thing I knew. I was just born and those words were the only thing she spoke to me: you are Vy. You are banished. You are lightning. I repeated the words to myself, they meant nothing to me then. A streak of Lightning broke the sky swiftly followed by the accompanying roar of thunder. I twisted as I fell towards the black endless void in front of me, looking back towards the bridge I fell from.
Pushed from.
By hands, controlled by a face I'd never seen.... I shook my head pushing away confusing thoughts, I took a look at the bridge. It was very... pedestrian. A simple bridge of grey stone that seemed to stretch endlessly in both directions. I glanced aimlessly, falling further and further, trying to find my banisher... my mother? I finally spotted a bright green light glowing. The light was suddenly pierced by a great blue flame directly down the center. The sky sprang to life as I watched, the bridge started to crack from the point of the impact. Thunder cracked and rain began to fall as lightning slashed the sky. Darkness enveloped me and the tremendous sight before my eyes vanished. I didn't even feel like I was falling any more, it was more like I was nowhere. Floating and weightless.

As I seemed to float in this vast lightless expanse I began to feel my body trying to learn what I could about myself. I began to feel my hands which were soft to the touch of one another and adorned with short nails. My hands moved to my chest which had two small, fleshy lumps covered by a thin silky fabric that felt alive, more as a part of me then a garment of clothing. I found that it was tied around my body at the waist like a robe. Glancing through the darkness, I noticed a faint glowing in front of me that caught my attention, or rather I should say demanded it. I forced my attention away, and continued to feel my robe, finding a pocket, which contained two small, smooth stones. I took them into my hands. They felt warm and like my robe, that they were a part of me. I was entranced by the stones in my hands. Light had appeared around me. I payed no attention to the source, but saw the stones were pitch black. I clacked them against each other, and it reverberated pleasantly through my body. Suddenly, the light became more intense, lightning my skin to the point where I had to shield my eyes. The light began to dim.

"Does it speak" I realized I could see clearly as bright white specks had appeared endlessly around me. Whatever the entity was around me, it seemed to be addressing me.

"Your Vy!..." I began

"It speaks but has no meaning" it spoke and echoed through the space around me, the words seeming to dance between the endless specks until they faintly echoed in the distance and were eventually gone. "I will give it The Gift of Language." Before I knew what was happening, pain seared into my skull, countless versions of different languages of Gods and Men. I griped my head and screamed as I felt the pain tear through my entire body, my hands clenched tightly on my head could feel heat radiating off of me as the complex knowledge poured into me. New words from every language kept appearing and being woven innately into me. After what seemed like an eternity the pain finally stopped.

"If you were mortal, that would have killed you" the voice giddily giggled, seemingly pleased with itself. I panted for air trying to regain any glimpse of thought or composure. I reached my hands up to my face wiping away tears and blood that had poured from my eyes and ears. I looked at my hands covered in my own fresh blood to see they were a light beige color. Down at my small breasted body to see that my white robe had come untied exposing my naked body to this Endless entity. It made me feel very uncomfortable, I didn't like the thought of some Endless being seeing me in.... Well all of my glory. As soon as the thought entered my head, that I didn't like being exposed, my robe snapped closed and tightened around my body. The silky fabric tightened to me so hard that it pushed my recovered air back out of my body. My robe immediately and almost apologetically loosened.

"Now that you understand language tell me, them, us your name?" The entities voice was amused but their tone transferred to a question at the end.

"I am Vy. I am banished. I am lightning." I said quickly. A new understanding of those words brought a million new question buzzing around, but I quickly pushed the aside to the most pressing one," who are you?"

The entity, I could swear cackled. "We, me, I are Endless, probably beyond you."

"Endless" I repeated quizzically, I really didn't like this first and third person speech pattern. "Where are...."

"You are inside of me, us the void, the Endless." They interjected. "You are a problem, you are boring." Endless seemed to sigh, their words seeming bounced off a seemingly approaching speck of light. "Regardless, one of me, I, us will help you. Seems we, it, them have taken an interest. Before I could respond the approaching speck was all I could see enveloping my entire field of view. And then it was all around me, I was inside of an aspect of Endless, it, they, them or whatever. I was learning my first emotion. Being annoyed.

"Ah ..." suddenly a cold breeze rolled between my legs, near but not directly on my crotch. "Ah miss Vy I finally made sure your safe" this aspect of Endless had apparently checked my sex like a kitten whose genitals had just appeared, instantly making me fell uncomfortable in its presence. Endless's voice had a more pronounced male tone now, sort of how you'd expect a butler to sound. Very stuffy.

Forcing myself to to calm down after being almost killed by my mother and groped by this entity. I sighed " safe from what?"

"I can't tell you that yet, I didn't intend to grope you and your mother wouldn't be able to kill you like that, you were banished." he spoke in an offended voice as our surroundings changed. Endless was now a man, with an empty white face, standing in front of me, in an empty expanse of itself, wearing a robe and holding a smooth stone in each hand exactly like me.

I wanted to kill it.

"You can't" he replied before I could think another thought or utter a reply. I felt myself loosing patience. I felt the hair across my body begin to stand up as, for the first, time I felt the Lightning crack through my body, Endless's world shook as a lightning bolt struck the ground next to him but more from the thunder that shortly followed.

"Please stop" he stated calmly as the smooth black stones in my hand started to elongate. "Unfortunate" he tsked. The stones had become longer , heavier and awkward to hold. As I watched lightning crackled around him and the stones in his hands matched my own. "A demonstration then?"