A brand new day

"Oh for goodness sake Timothy you'll ruin your back hunched over like that" Janet rolled her eyes as she slipped on her white overcoat.

      "Sorry" Tim straightened up "just need to finish my homework before the gala tonight"

     "I thought you already finished" She looked over at him puzzledly.

     "I'm getting a start on next week's homework so I can start working on my " he answered steadily typing away.

      "My little genius"  she smiled warmly.

     "He takes after his old man" Jack grinned ruffling  Tim's hair.

     "Oh please Jack the only thing you thought about at his age was girls" Janet laughed.

     "Well there's only one girl on my mind now" he grinned spinning 

     "Yuck," Tim said sticking out his tongue.

 Years later
     Tim slowly got out of the car taking the chance to stretch his soar muscles. Never in a million years would he have imagined coming back here and yet here he was in Gotham City slap dap in the middle of crime Ally with his self-appointed brother Jason Todd.

     "You're late" The redhead shot a cocky grin.

     "Some of us have to work for a living" Tim retorted walking over to him.

     "Bull you were working on cases all night" Jason laughed in a low voice so only Tim to hear.

     "I'd rather not discuss this out in the open" even as Robin Tim had been very cautious about his screate identity. But that was a lifetime ago best to leave the past as just that. 

     "Sure thing double o seven," Jason said leading him into a run-down apartment build "Don't worry I soundproofed the walls," He said opening the apartment room door" The apartment wasn't too bad on the inside.

     There was a small living area up front with a TV and two lawn chairs and a small open space Jason had converted into a workspace beyond and two decent-sized bedrooms and a bathroom. 

     "a little small but it will do," Tim said laying his coat on one of the lawn chairs.

     "Okay, rich boy," Jason rolled his eyes "I got a hot plate in mini fridge in my room so I can make dinner"

    "Cool I haven't had a home-cooked meal since I left the Waynes," Tim said catching Jason off guard.

     "Seriously?" he asked "What have you been eating?"

     "Gronal bars and takeout when I was really hungry mostly Taco Bell I love Baja Blast" Tim casually shrugged. TIm in fact loved almost anything that was loaded with caffeine and sugar.

     "Taco Bell is not real food" Jason grunted.

     "Yes, it is" Tim argued back.

     "Tell you what I'll cook REAL tacos tonight and if they are not 100 times better I will buy you Baja Blast for a year but if it is better you have to give up caffeine for two weeks" Jason grinned

     "Deal" Tim agreed. Unfortunately, Tim had no idea even with just a hotplate Jason was a master chef.