3 | just for fake

i woke up to the loud sound of a blender.

"wakey ladies!" one the girls yelled. "breakfast smoothies for everyone!"

i groaned and rose up with my messy bed head. liz rose up next to me and yawned.

amelia walked out of the room, stretching her arms. "morning guys," she yawned.

"morning," we all said.

then billie walked out, causing my whole body to tense up. i immediately looked down, avoiding eye contact with her.

"sure wish you guys had a significant other coming to support y'all," amelia said, as if she was trying to sympathize with us.

liz rolled her eyes. "oh shut up-"

"we do," i blurted out. "well uh- i do."

"you do?" liz whispered to me, making me nudge her arm.

"you do?" amelia rose her eyebrows. "i thought you said-"

"no my uh girlfriend is coming to the show," i lied.

what fucking girlfriend lani?

"oh?" amelia rose her eyebrows, knowing i was lying. billie seemed to buy it though.

"yeah," i shrugged. "anyway," i dragged. "how bout those smoothies?"

we all started getting ready for the day. amelia got into the shower and i was packing my tote to take to the place.

"has anyone seen my moisturizer? i thought i put it-"

"here," billie came up behind me, handing me the bottle.

"oh," i slowly grabbed it. "thanks," i said before quickly turning around and throwing it in my bag. i zipped the bag and walked into the kitchen.

"leilani?" billie followed behind me.

"hmm?" i answered, not turning around.

"i-"

"babe!" amelia called. "come here!"

billie sighed.

i turned around to face her. "you should go tend to that," i rose my eyebrows before walking away.

annoyed, billie bit her lip, walked into the bedroom and shut the door. i plopped on the bed and groaned into a pillow.

"did she break your heart or something?" liz chuckled. "cause you're acting like if you even look at her, you'll turn into stone."

i moved the pillow and sighed. "no we actually ended on good terms, but seeing her with a new bitch kinda threw my brain on a roller coaster. it's stupid," i shook my head.

"i get it," liz shrugged. "but i mean, she looks like she really wants to talk to you."

i furrowed my eyebrows and looked at her. "what is there to talk about? her new girl? no thanks."

"maybe she just wants to see how you're doing. or maybe she wants to-"

"don't say it," i cut liz off.

"be friends," she chuckled.

i fake gagged.

"oh cmon," liz laughed.

"i knew i shouldn't have come here!" i exclaimed in a groan.

the bedroom door opened with amelia coming out, billie behind her. "why shouldn't you have came?" amelia tilted her head at me.

"um i just don't know if i'm ready for all of this again," i lied.

"oh don't be like that," she furrowed her eyebrows. "you're a natural. one of the best models i've ever seen."