Acknowledgments for The Memoirs of Mayhem Novella Series

Yeah, I just finished another huge af series in about four months and it's certainly an adventure in itself. I came up with the idea for this series back when I was knee-deep in writing the Main COF series, around The Abject Throne. I saw where all the places these characters have room to grow and develop and it felt like cheating to never attempt to tell their stories. Let's just say that the characters, themselves, wrote this novella series and I just followed their whim. Because let's face it, nobody wants to be stuck writing a long-ass series during what's supposed to be a break from uni.

And that's exactly what I did. I'm crazy, after all. I thought you guys already knew that? Lol.

Anyway, as soon as the idea settled in my poor briam (what I call my unfortunate braincell), I slotted it into a private discord server and left it there. Around December 2020, around the time I was writing COF Main's fifth book, I ended up titling all 13 novellas of MOFM as a way to procrastinate. Then, I got to work on the covers.

And graphic design isn't something I wanna spend time on because I legit sucked in my first attempts. Advanced thank-you to the people whom I showed the covers to and were forced to say they're good for the sake of my feelings. xD

So yeah. I finished COF Main's sixth and final book around January 2021 but I needed to edit so I dedicated the whole year for that. I was supposed to jump straight into planning the sequel series come 2022, but with editing the series came the desire to get into my characters' pasts. So, I went back to my hidden plans for world domination and revived the idea of making MOFM a real thing.

Then, came the first quarter of 2022. I ended up becoming distracted by the ONC and wrote four novellas to enter. And I thought to myself, hey, I was supposed to write novellas for MOFM this year, right? Sweet. Practice time.

And that, friends, is how I got addicted to writing short form prose fiction.

So, by the time I finished my ONC entries (by unfortunately brute forcing it all March and ended up failing two number theory major exams. ehe), I was ready to put all my time and attention to MOFM. And get to work I did, because four months later, you can read the product on this profile.

Of course, at this point I need to connect the paragraph flow to the real intent of this thing, so here comes the heartfelt appreciation for the people who have been with me in this particular journey.

To my fam over at SWF, TessaTuring, Waterbender_poet, and AmnerisTenjo. Thanks so much for staying with me and the server throughout the years even tho I'm as dry at conversation as a styrofoam board. Thank you for bearing with me through the crazy artbreeder failures, the insane screaming about not being enough, and you know, for tolerating my existence. You guys will always, always, be at the top of my list of people to thank because without you all, I wouldn't have had the courage to make friends online at all. So, thank you for that as well.

To the people the individual novellas are dedicated to (WonderfulMiracles, Spruce_Goose, chaotic_naturx, mysterygalaxi, BirtheV, LueurlaVespine, yureisilhouette, AziaElga, MoniTheTigerEmpress, WolfHusky88, akeila_agrammun), know that I meant every word of those little snippets and so much more. Thank you for being with me at different stages of my life. Thank you for the support, the "woo"s and the chaos emotes, and for choosing to be good to me even when a lot of people wouldn't. Some of you are my earliest readers while others are mostly new. There are also some who haven't touched my works but whom I have positive interactions with in the communities we share and for those, I am thankful as well. Keep being your awesome selves. I hope those dedications made up your day, at the least. :)