Chapter 14 (Tessa)

I open the door to my dorm room and I'm greeted by an angry looking Emma

I open the door to my dorm room and I'm greeted by an angry looking Emma. "Where were you, young lady?" Emma asks sternly with her arms crossed.

"Um..."

"I was worried sick about you all last night! You could have called or texted!"

"I know. I'm so sorry, Emma."

"Do you have any idea the kinds of things that were going through my mind? Especially after what happened with that creep, Neil, last time!"

"I really am sorry. I got distracted last night and forgot to let you know I was okay."

"What happened?"

"It's a long, messed up story, but basically Molly dumped a bucket of water on me and Hardin had to help me."

"Hardin?" She raises an eyebrow. "So... you were with Hardin all night?"

"Yes."

"Okay, now that the lecture's out of the way, tell me everything!" A smile quickly replaces her frown.

"Um, I slept with him."

"What?! Tell me everything!" she demands as she pulls me to sit on my bed with her.

"Wait. That sounded bad. I didn't have sex with him. We actually slept."

"Good job getting my hopes up," she jokes. "So, how'd that happen?"

"He gave me his shirt and boxers because my clothes were soaked and I couldn't leave wearing them in this freezing weather. He insisted I change, so I don't get sick. Then, of course I couldn't leave wearing his clothes, so I stayed the night with him."

"And?"

"There's no and. We slept. That's all that happened."

"You're lying!" She calls me out as she points to the hint of a smile on my face.

"I am not!"

"Yes, you are! Did you guys fool around?"

"I'm not discussing this," I say and try to get up from the bed, but Emma pulls me back down.

"You guys did something, didn't you?" She smirks.

"No, we didn't. But I might have..." I admit.

"What's that mean?"

"I really don't want to talk about it. It's completely embarrassing."

"Fine." She sighs. "But is it safe to assume he might be the one?" She smiles.

"It's too soon to tell. But..."

"But?"

"We spent the day in the library reading, after he broke into it, and I may have told him that I'm still a virgin."

"Oh, really?"

"I don't know why I did that, but he was really calm about it. He said my first time should be special and he was really sweet about it."

"Aw, Tessa. See? I told you Hardin was a good guy. What else happened?"

"Actually, something weird happened. He told me the first day he saw me at the campus cafe, he felt this pull toward me. And after the frat party, his feelings only got stronger. He said he couldn't stop thinking about me."

"Really? That's similar to how you are having dreams about him. You two are soulmates!"

"I almost told him about my dreams," I admit as I begin to fidget with my hands.

"You should," Emma encourages.

"I don't want him to think I'm crazy."

"He won't. He's having the same unexplainable feelings as you are. I think he'd understand."

"I don't know... I'll think about telling him... someday."

"So, you spent all day in the library?"

"Oh, no. He took me to dinner, too."

"Oh, how romantic!" Emma squeals.

"Not really." I laugh. "It was a rundown diner, but I didn't want to hurt his feelings. The food was good, though, and so was the company." I blush.

"I'm glad you had a good first date," Emma says with a smile and then hugs me. She goes to get up from my bed, but I stop her.

"He wanted me to spend the night with him again," I shyly admit.

"What?" She sits back down. "Like to do stuff with him?"

"No, no. He said when he slept with me last night, that was the most peaceful sleep he's had in a long time. And do you know what? I felt the same way."

"Aw, that's so sweet. You should have."

"I only just met him. Today was technically our first date. I think things are moving too fast. And that's my fault. Because of those dreams, I feel like I already know him. But I don't. I can't let myself get carried away."

"Tessa, don't do anything stupid. He's a catch. Don't get scared and run away from him."

"I know. It's just hard because when I'm with him it's so easy to lose control and that scares me. I don't lose control, ever."

"I think he's scared, too. He doesn't date or go slow with women, but he's doing both of those with you. I think you two are good for each other. Just let whatever's going to happen, happen, okay?"

"Yeah," I reluctantly agree. "Anyway, enough about Hardin and me. How did last night go with Nate?"

"Well, we did fool around!" She giggles.

"Oh?"

"He's a really good kisser," Emma gushes.

"Did you guys...?"

"No! He's a good guy. We only kissed. He's taking me on that date you threatened him about next Friday." She laughs. "Thank you for that by the way." She continues to laugh.

"Oh, well, you're welcome." I laugh.

"Hopefully someday we can double date!" Emma says excitedly.

"Hopefully." I smile. "That's if Hardin would be into that... Um, I'm a little tired, I think I'm going to go to bed early."

"Oh, okay, Tessa. I just want you to know that it's really nice to see you happy with Hardin." She smiles.

"And you with Nate." I return her smile.