ii . the best medicine

𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐒!
( 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑤𝑜 )
𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖻𝖾𝗌𝗍 𝗆𝖾𝖽𝗂𝖼𝗂𝗇𝖾

𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐒!( 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑤𝑜 )𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖻𝖾𝗌𝗍 𝗆𝖾𝖽𝗂𝖼𝗂𝗇𝖾

LUKE AWOKE THE next morning, not quite sure where he was. The hard mattress beneath him was unfamiliar, and normally his house was kept warm as opposed to the current chilly weather that made him want to stay burrowed under the blankets.

The teenager let his eyes fully flutter open, rolling over and glancing around at his dull surroundings. Plain room, plain walls, curly-haired roommate. And, just like that, it all clicked into place. Fucking up, being sent to this place, meeting Ashton. And, for some reason, Luke was excited for the day. He was excited to get better. Maybe it was optimistic, or maybe it was ignorant, but the boy was actually excited to get out of bed.

"Morning," that familiar honey-smooth voice greeted Luke, who immediately smiled and turned to look at it's owner, and, God, was seeing Ashton in full daylight was a lovely surprise.

He was sat up against the headboard, reading a rather large book. He watched Luke with that familiar lopsided smile, but that was pretty much he only familiar thing about him. Everything else was like looking at a new person.

The boy was tan, like he'd spent day after day in the sun. It contrasted with his box-dyed fire-engine-red hair that fell in curls around his round face. He wore a muscle-tee that revealed boyish muscles for arms, matching his boyish face. He was gorgeous, though, even with the baby face. And his nails... Luke's heart contracted when he saw their alternating red and black colorfulness that were chipped, just like his own silver nail paint. Most of all, though, Ash's eyes... warm, piercing eyes the color of spring. They were the most unique shade of hazel, with more green than brown in them as the light hit just right.

Any expectation Luke had had was severely squashed by the superior reality that sat before him. He suddenly knew he was definitely in for a wild ride. Of course, Luke was aware he was gay. He'd be out for awhile. But it'd been a long time — if ever — that he'd met someone so perfect, he felt like he couldn't even breathe in their presence. This was easily the biggest gay panic the blonde had ever had, and he wasn't sure in the slightest how to handle it.

"Morning." He finally returned the smile, thankful for the slightly dimmer room as his cheeks flushed at the sight of Ashton's messy curls and sleeveless shirt. He needed to be medicated, and immediately. "What time is it?"

"I dunno. Before eight since the techs haven't woke anyone up yet," Ashton shrugged before grabbing a bookmark off of the sheets and placing it between the pages he'd been reading. He then set the book down on his bedside table and gave his full attention to Luke, kindness and care etched into his adorable face. "How'd you sleep?"