1

a/n: before we get into the chapter, i'd like to say that this is going to be quite a short story, so chapters will be slightly longer than the ones in "mrs.maximoff" if you read it, but there will be less.
this is the first of eight, i hope you enjoy <3

-

Your soulmate, the person you're going to be spending the rest of your life with, the person you would trust with your own life.
Finding them can be as beautiful as it can be scary. When everyone around you seems to be living the life you've always dreamed of, it can be hard.
However, people around you will just keep telling you it will take time, everything will come by itself. But what if it doesn't?
What if you're supposed to make the time, make the most of every occasion you get? What if you just can't wait for it to happen?

That was what Y/N felt her whole life, especially when her own family was pressuring her to find someone and start a family.
She lived in a conservative household her whole life and dreaded the moment she would have to come out.
When she did, right before she left for college, the reactions she got were exactly what she expected. Her parents told her they were ashamed of her, of what her sexuality would do to their family, as if it had anything to do with them. It was Y/N's, not theirs. It was her life, and she felt like they had taken that away from her.

Nevertheless, she continued living as if that never happened, as if part of her heart had not just been ripped out of her chest.
She started college and focused on her classes. She thought that if her life was over, she might as well put effort into creating a new one to suit her better.
Her dream had always been to be a pediatric surgeon, and she knew medicine was a long shot, but she wanted to do it.

Her first months adjusting at college were definitely not the easiest, but she had made friends and they were all helping each other settle in. She cared deeply for all of them, but there was one person who stood out to her, and that was Jasmine.
She was also aiming to be a doctor, only she wanted to be a general surgeon.
They had lots of things in common, including their coming-out stories.
Jasmine and Y/N found comfort in each other, though they were the kind of people that would occasionally joke about the things that hurt them, soon they found themselves to be as connected as two people could be.

Just after a few months they started dating, and it all went beautifully from there. They found the love their families had denied them in the other, shared every inch of their lives through college, med school, and just life as independent adults. They knew everything about each other, and they loved them for it. Judging was never welcomed into their relationship, whether it was towards them or other people. Everyone fights their own battles and we have to be as understanding as we can, no matter how hard it gets. Our lives' purpose is to be kind to one another, and to have each other's backs because life is a constant battle, and when you think you've won, another spark lights it up.

Y/N turned over in her bed, feeling Jasmine's side of the bed empty.
She was used to it, her wife was one of the best surgeons out there and she was requested by everyone, even for the smallest procedures.
She was proud of her, she had watched Jasmine grow from a young woman with a lot of passion to this incredible surgeon who saved so many people's lives on a daily basis.

Y/N got up from the bed and made her way into the kitchen, surprised to see that her wife was actually making breakfast.

"Good morning, my love." Jasmine greeted her wife, leaving the stove for a brief minute just to hug and kiss Y/N.

"Baby, you need to pay attention to what you're cooking." Y/N scolded her, making her wife's eyes light up.

Her beautiful blue eyes which she loved so dearly alongside her beautiful long red hair and her warm skin.
There wasn't one thing she didn't love about her wife, she was perfect to her.