Rolan's heart

5 years ago

"Babe." I hear Rolan call out.

I slip into my dress and try and zip up the back. "Up here." I yell out, struggling with the strap.

Darn this thing, it won't budge. "Ugh!"

I hear a chuckle, and once I turn around I see Rolan, my fiancé standing by the door in a suit that looked like it was sculptured to his body, he looks so smart and handsome.

Every time I looked at him I felt the butterflies in my stomach, sometimes I have to remember this is not a dream, and he's all mine.

"Help me." I say pathetically, as Rolan comes over smiling.

"Your mom thought you'd be needing my help." He laughed. "She was never wrong, was she?"

"Sadly she's always right, I'm starting to think she's also a vampire." I joke.

Rolan managed to zip up my dress effortlessly, making me smile out and spin around to face him.

"What do you think?" I ask him as he grins looking at me.

"You look beautiful my love, as always."

Rolan leans forward and kissed me on the lips and then wrapped his arms around me, bringing me in for a hug as I lean my head against his chest.

His hugs are always the best, I never want to move once I feel his arms around me.

Does that make me incredibly clingy?

"I wish you'd cling to me 24/7 Lorelei, we could even spend the rest of our lives in bed, all I would have to do is bite you here." He said huskily, pressing his lips to my neck.

"...and you'd be in extacy, for eternity."

I push him away from me playfully and laugh. "I told you I wasn't ready to die yet." I tell him, slipping on my heels.

"I'm only 23, there's still so much I want to achieve."

Spending the rest of my life with Rolan... it's all I want, but there's also so much more I want to experience and do before he turns me.

There's also a bugging feeling that tells me to wait, I don't know why... I love Rolan, but this feeling...

He sighs. "I want a family with you Lorelei, I want us to be the ones getting married today, how long must I wait?"

I turn and stare at him.

Is he serious? "We've been friends since I was 16, dating since 17... we just got into the academy, if I had kids now-"

"I'm not saying you would be a stay at home mom, I could do it, if a career is what you want, so be it. He said. "I have enough money so none of us ever need to work, ever."

I feel a painful pang in my chest, and just like that I don't feel like talking about this anymore, because I know where it will eventually go.

"I don't want to talk about this right now Rolan." I sigh. "Let's just go."

I head towards the door but Rolan's grip on my arm stops me.

"We need to talk about this Lorelei, things are changing, you need to be safe when the change happens."

I look at him confused, change? What the hell is he talking about.

His grip is starting to hurt my arm. "Rolan, you're hurting me."

His immediately let go of my arm, and once he sees he left a mark on my arm, his eyes darkened and his face turned sour.

"I didn't mean to."

He had bruised me, and the mark where his hand around my arm was, was already turning purple.

Rolan's teeth came out from his gums, and I watched as he bit into his wrist and walked over to me.

"Please... drink." He almost begged, his face whiter than usual.

I had no choice, I didn't want people noticing Rolan's handprint on my arm and start asking questions.

I took a step forward and took Rolan's hand, I moved his wrist to my lips and pressed my lips to where he bit.

The hot metallic liquid touches my tongue, I clench my eyes shut and accept his blood as I begin to swallow his blood back, just enough for the bruise to go.

After almost twenty seconds, I take a step back and swallow the rest of the blood in my mouth, feeling lightheaded yet high all at the same time.

Rolan reaches out and catches me before I stumble, his long arms wrapping around me and holding me up tight.

"I'm sorry." He whispered sweetly in my ear, as his hand rubbed my back.

"Let's talk about this later, okay my love?"

I nodded my head and felt a sickening reeling in my stomach, from the blood or the thought of talking about eternity with Rolan, I don't know which was making me more naeuous.

"I love you, Lorlei." He said. "I always will."

I ignored the feeling deep inside of me and smiled, wrapping my arms around his waist and moving my head to look up at him.

With blood around both of our mouths and in desperate need of a breath mint, I lean on my tiptoes and press my lips against his.

"I love you too."

Rolan was quiet for a moment, with a stoic face before he broke out in a smile.

"Let's go, our friends can't get married without the best man or maid of honor now, can they?"

I laughed and smiled. "Nope, they can't."

With Rolans hand in mine, we walked go the bathroom and Rolan wiped my mouth free of blood, as I reapplied my lipstick, I watched Rolan wipe his mouth.

Something was wrong, and I wasn't sure what... I loved him, I knew I did, yet why did it feel wrong?

"How do I look?" He asked, breaking me from my thoughts.

"Great." I forced a smile. "Handsome as always."

As always... nothing changes...

Do I want to become like him, and never age? Every time I thought about it, I felt trapped, and sick, like I was doing something bad.

This feeling... it had to be a feeling, otherwise how the hell would I explain this to Rolan when the time came?

I do not look forward to that day... expecially atter just now and his reaction... he wants this bad, and soon.

I'm running out of time, and excuses... soon, he'll want a awnser, and the only one that counts.

He'll want a yes... for me to be his...

...forever.

I am so screwed.