|𝟵|~Long awaited ∙

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Today is about teamwork!"

The gates were blasted open, green gas spewing from inside and shrouding the arena in fog. "Now, a wet dragon's head can't light its fire," Gobber instructs as the kids form teams.

Snotlout, Tuffnut, and Fishlegs were back-to-back, Astrid and Ruffnut the same, and Hiccup and (Y/N) on the other side. "The Hideous Zippleback is extra tricky." Gobber smirks as he backs away. "One head breathes gas, the other head lights it. Your job is to know which is which."

"I think it's the head on the... Left...?" (Y/N) mumbles, trying to remember the entry.
"Or right," Hiccup offers, making her snort.
"Has to be one of 'em!" "Razor-sharp serrated teeth that inject venom for pre-digestion," Fishlegs mumbles as he looks around nervously.

"Prefers ambush attacks, crushing its victims-!" Hiccup looks back at him in annoyance, clutching his bucket tighter. "Will you please stop that?" He whispers harshly, the boy nodding sheepishly and quieting down.

(Y/N) looks to her friend with a raised brow, shaking her head with a chuckle and facing forward.

Astrid and Ruffnut look around, slowly moving  and jumping when they hear a low rumbling. Tuffnut, Snotlout, and Fishlegs move together, the boys looking around in fear.

"If that dragon..." Snotlout shoves them slightly. "Shows either of his faces, I'm gonna.. He gasps at a figure in the fog, "There!"Tuffnut and Snotlout toss the water from their buckets,  flinching in surprise when they spot Astrid and Ruffnut, now soaked head to toe in water.

"Hey! It's us, idiots!" Ruffnut snaps in annoyance. "Your butts are getting bigger. We thought you were a dragon," Tuffnut snickers,
Snotlout doubletaking as he looks at Astrid.

"N-not that there's anything wrong with... A dragonesque figure--" Astrid swiftly punches him, knocking him down as Ruffnut throws her bucket at her brother, striking him in the face.
He sits up before yelping as he was grabbed, screaming as he was dragged into the fog.

"Wait," Astrid whispers to Ruffnut, holding up her bucket, both girls screaming when they were knocked off their feet by a tail.

Tuffnut staggers out of the fog, rushing away while holding his face. "Oh, ohh I'm hurt. I am very much hurt!" He whines, Astrid rolling her eyes and facing forward.

Fishlegs nervously stands by (Y/N) and Hiccup, gulping. "Chances of survival are dwindling into single digits, now." One of the dragon's heads appears from the fog, making (Y/N) gasp lightly and back away from Fishlegs as it inspects him.