Chapter 2 : He Remembers!

A cheerful acoustic rendition of I do like to be by the seaside rings in my ears. Although I enjoy the tune, I can do nothing but grown and throw my pillow over my head trying to block out the sound and let myself fall back to sleep. When the melody starts again, I accept defeat. Letting my hand blindly hit at my bedside table repeatedly I eventually stumble across my phone. Bleary eyed I manage to hit the green answer button first time, followed by a couple attempts to hit the speakerphone button.

"Hello?" I croak.
"Row, where are you? You said we could meet up at yours and then get breakfast out," comes the familiar voice of Hannah. Letting my fingers get lost in my messy bun I massage my pounding head, feeling extremely out of it.
"But my alarm hasn't even gone off yet," I manage before a yawn takes over my ability to talk.
"Row, its almost 8 you idiot."
Checking the time on my phone I curse under my breath.
"I must have slept through my alarm."
"You don't say," Hannah laughs through the speaker, "And all my messages. What the hell did you get up to last night?"
Forcing myself into a sitting position I hold my head in my hands, recalling the events from the previous evening.
"Nothing much," I responded.
"Well take your time sweet cheeks some of us are hungry and cold so feel free to let us in."

Heaving myself out of bed I attempt to move with some speed although my limbs are sluggish, weighed down by a lack of sleep. Swiping the key off the counter I open the door to be greeted by an immaculate Hannah.
"You look a mess," Hannah comments as she strolls leisurely into the house. Her naturally straight hair falls in blonde curls today down the spine of her back, kept out of her face by a blue Alice headband. Her porcelain skin made her look like a china doll, only emphasised by her huge blue eyes and long thick eyelashes.
"That's nice," I call as I run back upstairs.

Racing into the bathroom, adrenaline now hitting me I immediately set about brushing my teeth.
"I'll make some coffee to go for you Row," Hannah's voice comes from downstairs. I try to shout a thank you back but end up spitting out and half choking on toothpaste. I make a mental note not to try that again. Before pulling my hair out of its bun, which had already mostly fallen, out I splash my face with cool water in an attempt to freshen up. To hide my lack of shower I drown my hair in dry shampoo and spray an obscene amount of deodorant. Feeling time slipping away I make another dash into my bedroom where I throw my uniform on.

I look in the mirror to see myself in knee high black socks, black skirt, white blouse with a black blazer to finish. There's no way to disguise the tired green eyes which stare back at me. I make do by quickly applying concealer on my bags and giving my lashes a quick swipe of mascara. Wedging my feet into my shoes I hear Hannah shouting at me again.
"Hurry up Row, I want a bacon bap,"
Slinging my satchel over my shoulder and throwing my tie round my neck, I take one last look at the mirror before deeming myself somewhat acceptable.
"Coming," I shout as I run back down to her.

She stands at the bottom of the stairs with her perfectly pedicured fingers wrapped round a coffee cup.
"For sleeping beauty," she quips as she hands the drink to me. I thank her and we begin to head out of the door.
"So tell me, what were you doing last night?" She questions with an arched brow and an emphasis on the word "were" as I stuff my keys into the inside pocket of my bag.
"Shit, phone, I'll be back."

Thrusting the coffee back to her I run back upstairs into my room for a few seconds to grab my phone off my bedside table. Beginning to wheeze with the sheer exercise I'm reminded of how unfit I am.
"I'm actually ready now," I pant guiltily as I jog down the stairs.
Hannah rolls her eyes playfully before taking a sip from my coffee with the excuse that she had technically made it.

"Okay, so I'm going to ask you for the last time and you are going to answer this time," Hannah says as we leave the house. I lock the door behind me. "What were you doing last night?"
"Nothing," I tuck my hair behind my ear.
Blue eyes narrowing at me Hannah holds the coffee away from me.
"Just some drunk idiot woke me up last night that's all," I respond shrugging whilst making an attempt for the coffee.
"Who?" She asks, not giving in so easily, nor giving me the coffee.
"What's with all the questions?" I laugh, "Are you trying to interrogate me?"
"Yes," Hannah says simply, "So feel free to answer."
I let out a chuckle as we walk side by side down the street and eventually Hannah gives in and passes me the coffee.