Maybe Now -Mason Mount

*Mild swearing in the last paragraph*

"I'm leaving mom, bye", I said as I grabbed my car keys and exited the house. I closed the door behind me and rushed to my car. I was a few minutes late to Summer's place to babysit her for the rest of the night until her parents would come. I was sure that they wouldn't mind me being slightly late because it's been four months I babysit her and have always been on time. Nevertheless, I was worried of a pay cut. Babysitting was my part time job from college and I saved every penny I earned to invest in a business after college and help my mum, so it was a big deal to me. 

I reached their residence in Cobham about five minutes later, and rung the doorbell. Her parents' cars were not in the driveway and I was worried Summer was all alone inside, and if she was fine. I rung it twice before the door finally opened. I didn't really know who opened it until I saw Mason Mount. 

I never spoke to him before but I didn't know he was related to Summer. "Hey", I said while catching my breath. I was panicking outside and it was difficult for me to breathe. "Hi", he replied casually but his eyes widened when he saw my shortness of breath. "Do you need an inhaler?", he asked, promptly. I pointed to my car, where I always kept a spare one and handed him the keys. He quickly stepped out and went to grab it for me. A few seconds later, he came in with it.

"Are you fine?", he asked. I smiled and said, "Yeah, thanks. I am Leiah by the way." "I know", he said, "Summer says your name all the time. You are doing great with her. I am Mason"

"Everyone knows that", I said smiling, "Where's Summer?" I glance over his shoulders, my eyes roaming around the house trying to snatch a glimpse of her. Not that I was thinking he was not looking after her well, but because it was my responsibility to make sure she was okay and update her parents about her every now and then. 

"She is sleeping in her nursery", he said while moving away from the doorway so I could step in. 

"Should I order something?", I ask trying to change the topic so the conversation would no longer be boring and since I was talking with the Mason Mount. I was anywhere near freaking out and had to refrain myself now and then from asking to taking a picture with him. 

"I already ordered pizza. It should be here soon", he replies. "Oh, thanks", I said surprised. I went inside Summer's nursery to check up on her. When I went down, I saw Mason serving pizza on two plates and opening a can of soda. "I didn't expect it to arrive this soon", I said as I glance at the food. 

"Oh, I actually ordered it a while ago before you came", he said while handing me a plate and sitting down opposite to me on the kitchen island. "Pineapples?", I said as I saw pineapples all over the pizza like he deliberately asked for extra slices of them on the pizza. I didn't mind eating one or two pieces of pineapple but judging by the look of it, I could say there was at least a dozen in each slice. "Do you like pineapples this much?", I ask while removing a couple of them and placing them in an empty spot on my plate. He nodded. 

"Adore them like they are the love of my life", he replied. I laughed at his comment. "There are only two more things I adore as much", he added. "What are they?", I asked curiously. 

"Football", he said while talking a sip of the soda, "And you.", he said while smirking. 

My eyes widened. The Mason Mount liked me. I stared at him in awe for a couple of seconds which were way longer than I supposed they were in my mind.

"Nice joke", I said to break the tension. "No, seriously", he replied, "I like you, Leiah."

"What would you like about me? I mean I am any basic girl out there, working to help my mum pay off the bills", I said, presumably too quick for him to understand word for word. "Well, that's exactly what I like about you. You care for people around you and I've heard too many good stories about you from Summer herself. I like the way you take care of her", he said. 

Just then, I heard Summer's voice, which meant she had woken up. "I'll be back", I said, promptly. I rushed upstairs and took Summer from her nursery. I reached the kitchen again to see Mason enjoying his pineapples. I made Summer her baby food and fed it to her while eating the remaining of my pizza. "So?", Mason asked, "Do you think you want to be my girlfriend, Leiah?" 

I nodded accordingly. He smiled. "Her parents won't take a while to be here, you know. We could spend some time after that at my place"

*** 2 hours later ***

"Do you like this movie?", he asked before putting it on. He was laying on top of me  while I was playing with his hair. We haven't kissed yet, obviously. I always dreaded the moment when I had to make the first move. I proposed a guy a couple of years ago. We were in a relationship for almost six months but he started acting toxic around me and we had to break up. I became anorexic and didn't eat for two whole days. Since then, I never made my choice. I let them come to me. 

 "You're cute, Leiah", he said randomly while we were watching the movie and he adjusted himself closer to my jaw and pecked it. I turned sideways to him and pecked his lips. Fuck it. I made the first move again, but I knew that he was the one. He threw his right leg on mine, cupped my jaw and pulled me in for a steamy kiss, ignoring the sound effects from the movie. He lifted me up from the sofa and brought me to his room. It was gonna happen to me, for the first time, but I was certain I made the right choice. 

______

A/N: I hope you enjoyed the oneshot. If you did, please drop a vote and comment if you have an idea to request. Or maybe send me a dm. I'll be happy to check them out. Thanks if you made it till the end.