chapter 4

Romeo D'Angelo's POV:

"What?" I say furiously to my elder brother, Victor.

"How did they steal our shipment?" asks my younger brother.

"It seems that someone in our mafia betrayed us," answered Victor with a smirk. "Which means we have a traitor," I say.

There was pure silence for a minute. The silence was broken by the ringing of Victor's phone.

"What?" he snaps. In a minute, he froze. It seemed as if he was made out of ice.

"I see," he answered finally. "I will be arriving in a few hours." There was an unfathomable emotion on his face. As soon as the call was over, he collapsed into his chair. My brothers and I exchange a worried look.

"We found Isabella," was all he said.

"What?" screams all my brothers, including me, at the same time. This was unexpected.

"Where was she? How is she? What are you going to do?" asks my younger brother in one breath. He didn't have the virtue of patience.

"I will legally adopt her," he says calmly.

"Certainly not," says Maximo. "This is dangerous. She can be kidnapped. We are The Mafia, we can't have any weakness."

"I do not care. I will protect her with my life," says Victor. Whatever he said was final. No one bothered, or more correctly, dared to question it.

"Leonardo, you will come with me," he orders. "Yes, Victor," said Leonardo.

Maximo marches out of the room in anger. Victor and Leonardo leave us behind in a swirl of emotions. Giovanni runs off to ready her room. I am left with my thoughts. Is this even a good idea?

As the man in charge of our family, Victor's decision was final. But the thought of bringing a vulnerable girl into our dangerous world made me uneasy. Still, I knew that Victor had always been fiercely protective of those he cared about. If he wanted to adopt Isabella, he must have a good reason.

I couldn't help but wonder what Isabella was like. How had she survived all these years without us? And most importantly, what would happen to our family now that we were bringing her into our fold?

As I pondered these questions, I knew that one thing was certain - our lives were about to change in ways we could never have imagined.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S Watch the video its for the next chapter and vote, share, comment