Chapter Four | Why was Anger so mad at Sadness?

Time passed on as we stack up the flowers in the back of my van, I clap my hands smiling when all has finished. Jake gave me a high five and so did his husband, Greg.

I could tell how much they admire one another, and how amazing it is to have Greg work for me. I jump to grab the boot door and push it down, once it has locked, I make my way to the driver seat.

Jake sat in the middle and Greg by the window, "okay fellows, let's get to work!" I shoved the keys into the engine and started driving, Jake took out the directions and after a few clumsy wrong turns by me we arrived.

Jakes hands slam against my arms causing me to brake.

"Oh, my goodness, Greg-" Jake whispers.

"Oh boy I'm way ahead of the shocked phase, Taylor, are you telling me that we are going inside that building?" Greg pointed to the huge skyscraper, with the words N|H plastered on the front. I slide out the paper with the information written on it before nodding.

"It seems so, now we have to get to pass security and we will all be fine." I drove towards the gates of the car park; I pulled down my windows and brought out my natural smiles only to receive a glim look from the covered security man.

He flashed the torch into my eyes and nodded his head.

It is daylight, what the hell is the torch for?

"Flowers? Is there one for me?" He flirted, I smiled and nodded my head as I bent over the seat to take him out a spare red rose.

"Enough for everyone."

"Of you go beautiful." With that second, I pressed on the gas wanting to leave his weird glances towards me. "That was quicker than I thought." I whispered.

"Yeah, because he was all over your ass." Greg screeched; I shook my head laughing.

We parked the car in the delivery spot, I switch the car off and hand Jake the keys. "I'm just going to go get the money, and I'll give you a call to bring the rest once the payment has gone through."

I say, Greg and Jake nod their head as I pick up the wooden basket of flowers. I carry it towards the entrance, the moment I stepped inside. My eyes widen at the interior of this building and how busy it was.

Here I was dirty, and my face covered in soil from the flowers, flared denim trousers and my apron hugging my own body. Earphones dangling from my ears into my pocket, playing my all most favourite song, 'It's been a Long, Long time by Harry James. I still have no clue why I'm in love with it.

I finally reach the reception; I drop the flowers onto the floor. I pull out one of my headphones as the receptionist stared at me with disgust. Hair pinned back and eyes glaring into my soul. I give her a smile and look down at the note, "Sapphire Brown sent this to Nicholas Hernandez, she needs to pay before we bring the rest."

"The rest? Sapphire brown?" She whispered confused as she scrolls through her computer. "There are no flowers booked in for Mr Hernandez, I'm sorry but it seems as if a fan has called you. Goodbye." My heart drops, I look down at the name once again.

"Is there a Nicholas Hernández here?"

"He is-"

"Great, then he can pay for these." Her eyebrows raise as she picks up her phone, "I spent five hours picking these flowers, he caused this, he can come down and pay for it otherwise I am not leaving. Please." I suggested, I told my arms over my chest.

"Are you a fan?" She asks.

"Am I a-? No, I am not, get your colleague down here to pay." She scoffs and inhales before taking the phone in her grasp. Her fingers press onto the numbers and presses the phone against her ears.

The Missing Wife ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें