[THREE]

╰─━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━─╯

It was late at night on a Friday

Jungkook had just returned from a dinner with his friends as he left for home. Darkness and solitude enveloped him as soon as he entered his parents' large estate. Jungkook had crept up to his bedroom on tiptoe since his parents were likely already asleep in the bed down the hall. Even though hanging out with his pals that evening was enjoyable, at the time all he could think about was having a long, hot shower. Jungkook was getting ready for bed after taking a shower and wrapping himself in a soft towel. He was whistling to himself as he went through his evening routine of washing his face, applying oil to his hair, and blow-drying it. He then moisturised his hands with a hand lotion that had a pleasant aroma.

Self-care was essential.

Jungkook then checks his phone to see if there are any new notifications before getting ready for bed. There are a handful from Twitter and Instagram, as well as one text message from his mother, which he ignored for the time being. When he sees the notification from the one person whose name he was hoping to see, he gets a rush of exhilaration.

Excitedly Jungkook opens the text. Taehyung was supposed to be back tomorrow around the afternoon hours.

[12:17 am] Taehyung: Hey, a number of these meetings had to be rescheduled, so I need to remain for a few more days. Sunday night, I'll be back. Could we meet up the following week? Dinner on me as an apology  :)

As Jungkook reads his text a few times, disappointment almost immediately replaces the exhilaration in his chest. Taehyung and Jungkook had been planning to meet up with each other again since they first met in Malta but it was hard when Taehyung was out for a business trip, leaving Jungkook alone in his penthouse back in Seoul. They kept pushing the date back for their next meeting, and by the time Jungkook returned to Seoul, Taehyung had to end his trip early in Malta because his father had instructed him to keep his business going in the US for two months. As a result, they now primarily communicate over the phone via face time, calls, or messages. It was just for a couple of months, but it was long enough for them both to become insane and get estranged from one another. Hugs, kisses, and declarations of love. They were stuck. Since they were clinging to every last shred of hope, they needed one another.