𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

"Do I just put on anything?" I stood up from where I was seated on the floor, holding up a pair of baggy cargo pants and a knitted sweater

"Do I just put on anything?" I stood up from where I was seated on the floor, holding up a pair of baggy cargo pants and a knitted sweater. "This?"

Teddy looked up at me. "This is the least of your worries, Joey." He told me. I let out a long sigh. "That looks fine, don't stress about it. Stress when we have a concert."

I chuckled, turning on my heels to walk into the bathroom. I put on the sweater and jeans then walked out, closing my suitcase. "Are you excited at least?" I asked, watching as he got up from the bed.

Teddy nodded. "For you. I don't think there's anything too interesting about my family. I'm British." he shut the hotel room door behind him.

"And Jamaican." I added as I walked beside him. I thought that was pretty interesting. "You paid a lot of money. You have to be excited for you too."

Teddy laughed. I couldn't really tell exactly what he was thinking here. "I'm excited." He told me as he got into the black Mercedes.

Teddy had rented a car just for this. Since nobody else was going with us and were all out doing the separate things, the Cadillac would've been completely useless. "So what do you think is the best news you could possibly get? Like what's the best scenario that you think could turn out today?"

"That.." I dragged out the word as I thought. "That I had a really happy life for a little bit and that whatever happened to my parents isn't my fault."

Teddy seemed a bit shocked by this answer. "Well of course it wouldn't be your fault.." He said this more as a question than a statement. "I mean.. you were really young right? Like really young."

I nodded. "I still don't know though." I shrugged. I feel like it was kind of put into my head when I was younger that whatever happened to my parents was my fault, but... nothing can be 'your fault' when you're that young. I knew that what Cisco said wasn't true, I didn't need anyone to tell me anymore.

The drive was a little longer than ten minutes. We were in Toronto so everything was kind of all if the same place. It all looked the same, so it really didn't even hit me that we were in a different country.

"So if you're British, what if you're like.. partially part of the royal family?" I broke the silence with a question.

Teddy was about to say something, but paused. "I really really doubt it." He parked the car then looked at me. "Ready?"

I felt my smile grow. I had absolutely no words to describe how excited I was.

I hopped out of the car and made my way to the building with Teddy following right behind me. He got us checked in, then we sat down in the lobby. There weren't too many people here, so I doubted the wait would be too long, especially considering we had an appointment at a very specific time.

I took deep breaths as I sat in the seat. I didn't know what I was expecting to happen. It would be so cool if I were like.. Hawaiian or something, but at the same time I definitely didn't look Hawaiian. I had very light brown skin and curly silky black hair, so if anything, I was most likely just black and white. That'd still be really interesting to find out though.

𝐕𝐞𝐢𝐥 || ✔On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara