67-68

Chapter 67 Revealing Her Identity

Bei Bei smiled faintly and whispered into Chen Jingzhi’s ear, “Of course I have an idea, but don’t be anxious. Wait for my good news.”

Chen Jingzhi gave Bei Bei a meaningful look.

After a while, he realized that Bei Bei’s hatred for Bei Qingqing was far deeper than his own. As long as he left these matters to Bei Bei, there would naturally be no problems.

Chen Jingzhi smiled and said indifferently, “Good! Then I’ll look forward to your good news.”

After saying that, he did not forget to touch Bei Bei’s face. Although Bei Bei despised Chen Jingzhi in her heart, he was, after all, the Chen Family’s Second Young Master. So, she still had a smile on her face.

However, in her heart, she began to secretly calculate how to get Bei Qingqing to fall into her trap. After Bei Qingqing was taken by Chen Jingzhi, she did not believe that Chen Jiazhi would still want a dirty woman. By then, the entire Chen Family would belong to her, Bei Bei.

On the other side, Bei Qingqing was still obediently following behind Chen Jiazhi, meeting his friends.

One of them was Gu Yunhai, who had helped her a lot last time.

“This is my wife, Bei Qingqing.” Chen Jiazhi introduced Bei Qingqing’s identity to everyone. Although Bei Qingqing was a little embarrassed, she still maintained the utmost courtesy to greet these people.

One of them sized up Bei Qingqing, then said with a smile, “I didn’t expect that our Young Master Chen would be picked up by someone like you. You’re really a lucky person.”

When this person spoke, his tone was a little playful. He had long heard that Chen Jiazhi’s wife was a substitute. He had also seen a lot of dirt about Bei Qingqing on the internet, so he did not have a good impression of Bei Qingqing at all. Instead, he thought that she must have used some means to marry Chen Jiazhi.

When Chen Jiazhi heard this, he said with some displeasure, “If you want to talk about picking up scraps, I’m the one who picked up scraps. After all, it’s my fortune to marry such a good girl like Qingqing.”

When Bei Qingqing heard this, she also felt very uncomfortable. It was clear from the words that he looked down on her and deliberately put her in a difficult position. Although the other party was Chen Jiazhi’s friend, he should not be so excessive.

She could not help but retort, “Yeah, I also didn’t expect our Jiazhi to have a friend like you by his side. I don’t know what kind of scraps you picked up, but you’re really a lucky person.”

The man’s face immediately darkened. He wanted to say something, but Gu Yunhai stopped him.

“Everyone is very lucky to have met Jiazhi. It’s a wonderful thing for us to change from strangers to friends.” Gu Yunhai quickly tried to smooth things over, and the atmosphere between the few of them eased up a little.

This also left a good impression on Bei Qingqing.

Not long after, the sound of a microphone being adjusted came from the stage.

Li Yilan was dressed up and stood on the stage, holding the microphone in her hand. She slowly said, “Today, we have gathered all our relatives and friends here to announce an important matter. That is, our Chen Family’s daughter-in-law is Bei Qingqing! She is not only Jiazhi’s wife but also our Chen Family’s great benefactor!”

As soon as these words were said, they were completely stunned. Waves of discussions broke out below. No one had expected that the Eldest Young Master of the Chen Family would actually wake up from his coma. They also did not expect that the Chen Family would actually find such an ordinary woman to be their daughter-in-law.

The people who had just ridiculed Bei Qingqing also began to have a lingering fear. After all, the power of the Chen Family was not something they could afford to provoke. If they offended the young lady of the Chen Family, if she held a grudge, they would be finished!

Chapter 68: The Most Important Thing Was to Get Rid of Bei Qingqing
Bei Bei was standing in the distance. When she heard this, she was completely stunned.

She clenched her fingers and gritted her teeth as she glared at Bei Qingqing.

When she had attended the banquet, she had only known that the banquet was to celebrate Chen Jiazhi’s sobriety. She had never thought that the banquet would be held to announce Bei Qingqing’s identity.

She was unwilling to accept it. This position should have belonged to her. It was Bei Qingqing who took it all away!

At the same time, Bei Bei also began to regret it. If she had known that Chen Jiazhi would actually wake up on the wedding day... Then she definitely would not have given this opportunity to Bei Qingqing.

However, it was too late to say anything now. Her priority was to think of a way to squeeze Bei Qingqing out!

Chen Jingzhi was also gnashing his teeth in hatred. He did not expect his mother to give this woman so much face. In order to announce this woman’s identity, she spent a lot of money to hold such a luxurious banquet. This made him even more dissatisfied.

Chen Jingzhi coldly glanced in the direction of Chen Jiazhi and Bei Qingqing and snorted.

Bei Qingqing, who was in the center of attention, was a little flustered, but she still looked calm on the surface. After all, she was representing the Chen Family as their daughter-in-law. If she panicked now, others would secretly make fun of the Chen Family.

So, Bei Qingqing raised the wine glass in her hand and signaled to her mother-in-law on the stage. Seeing Bei Qingqing’s unperturbed appearance, Li Yilan liked her daughter-in-law even more.

After announcing this matter, the banquet began as usual.

During this period, there were people constantly carrying wine glasses in the direction of Chen Jiazhi and Bei Qingqing. The two of them were like the focus of the crowd. No matter where they went, they would be surrounded by the guests.

In order to give face to the Chen Family, Bei Qingqing had a smile on her face. She calmly faced the people who wanted to toast to her.

However, after seeing more and more people, Bei Qingqing also felt a little tired.

Chen Jiazhi immediately saw that Bei Qingqing was tired, but he could understand it. After all, Bei Qingqing had never been to such an occasion before, so it was inevitable that he would feel a little uncomfortable.

“I’m sorry, let’s leave for a moment.” Chen Jiazhi put down the wine glass in his hand and grabbed Bei Qingqing’s hand. He pulled her out of the venue.

The people were left on the spot. They looked at each other, not knowing how to react.

After leaving the venue, Chen Jiazhi pressed the elevator button and brought Bei Qingqing to the top floor.

“What are you doing? There are still so many people waiting for us in the venue,” she asked in confusion.

After all, she and Chen Jiazhi were the main characters of today’s banquet. If the main characters were not in the venue, it would not be good to talk about it.

However, Chen Jiazhi said indifferently, “Aren’t you feeling unwell? I’ll bring you up here to relax.”

Bei Qingqing’s heart warmed. It turned out that he had noticed her little reaction. Bei Qingqing was very touched and did not say anything more.

Standing on the top floor, Bei Qingqing felt the cool breeze. The tiredness from earlier was no longer there. All that was left was peace, and her heart quickly became very calm.

The breeze blew her hair, and Chen Jiazhi looked at her quietly from the side. He thought that Bei Qingqing was very beautiful from this angle. She was like a proud and aloof fairy, mesmerizing.

Chen Jiazhi slowly walked to her side and took out a small box from his pocket.

“Qingqing, I have something to tell you,” Chen Jiazhi said softly.

Bei Qingqing slowly turned around and looked at him with confusion.