𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒

・ 。゚☆: *

。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚.

An umbrella pressed into her hand, she kept her expression as stoic as ever. Rain dropped down from the umbrella, pattering against the floor beneath her. She glanced at the boy at her side with a slight passing of her eyes, uncaring about his presence. She had always hated rain, how it instantly could ruin her agility. What she hated more than anything was umbrellas, the pesky rain shields that could blow away from a slight breeze of wind.

Five suddenly stepped towards her, reaching out to press his hand against her shoulder. However, before his hand could even skim the fabric of her blazer, her eyes turned harsh and snapped to meet his own. He had seen the monotonous girl smile maybe once before, she rarely let any emotion but pure hatred show on her face. But this, this was haunting, the way her eyes narrowed into slits as she glanced at him, her expression halting his own movements.

Reaching out, she grasped his hand with her own, tightening around his wrist. He winced as she pushed it down, uncaring about the hurt that filled his body from the sudden contact. This was not the Zoya he had learnt to somewhat trust, this was someone else, a machine from the Commission come to haunt him.

It scared him...

Waking up with a gasp, Five grimaced and looked at the girl at his side, peacefully sleeping in Diego's bed, her face relaxed. Flashes of memory attacked him and he frowned, his eyes moving to the hand intertwined with his own. Despite himself, he could not detach their hands, seeking out the comfort that came with being close to someone, even if the girl had almost driven him to insanity in his dreams.

If only he paid closer attention to his dreams...

- Unseen dream sequence from Chapter Four, Five's point of view.

。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚.

。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚.

* :☆゚