1

(Always) right?

,,What do u mean "just ask" ??", I imitate her movements, throwing my hands in the air in frustration.

Carla sighs and drops down on the couch, crossing her legs.

,,Well What is the worst that could happen?", she asks me, waiting for an answer.

This is insane.
She's insane.

,,Hmm let me think about it. Well maybe Pablo's gonna be offended, the interview is gonna fail and I'll loose my job. How bout that?", I snap back at her, also dropping down on the couch.

I watch her eyebrow raise with a judgmental gaze in her eyes.

,,Seriously? You're being overdramatic"

I sigh once again.

,,I just feel like I'm being disrespectful, asking him about his personal life after a football match"

Carla presses a finger against her chin.
That's what she does when she's thinking.

After a brief moment passing by, she smacks her lips, looking me dead in the eyes.

,,Nope"

,,That's what journalists do Diora. They ask the most unexpected and rude questions ever just to get something for the press to use"

My heart drops at the thought.

Carla must've noticed the change of emotions, when she scoops closer to me, laying a hand on mine.

,,I know you don't wanna do this. But-", she pauses, grabbing my chin to make me look at her.

,,You need to do this. This is your first big interview and if it goes viral we're gonna get a whole bunch of money from it"

I hear what she's saying.

And I understand it.

And I know she's right.

But-

,,I can't", I burst out, my eyes getting wet.

Carla's face changes.
The corners of her mouth drop and she pulls me into a hug.

,,Yes you can. You have to Dio, you know you do", she whispers, making me tear up even more when she mentions my nickname.

And I knew she was right.

Why was she always right ?

-

324 Words

lmk all the predictions that u have for this story ;)

& enjoy !